Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 is so perfect....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's so much that I could list here, from the acceleration and handling to the clean interior design, to the little features that make it feel like you are driving the vehicle of the future. However, I’ll cite a less usual one - vampire drain, or lack thereof. I seriously considered staying away from Teslas early on after reading reporting of vampire drain. I had a Nissan Leaf, which could sit for weeks without losing a bit of battery, and I don’t drive very regularly. I live in a major city and take transit or bike to work for most of my day to day errands. Travel to other major cities is typically by train or plane. Reading about losses of 1-2 miles per day - at the high end, that would represent almost 15% of the miles I’d actually drive in a year (about 5k). Eventually though, the Model 3 was so compelling in all other aspects I decided to just deal with it. With the supercharging network, there really was no other EV that could support lengthy road trips, and that’s what I wanted to do more of.

After owning a Model 3 for 6 months, vampire drain is far better than I ever expected. I see maybe 1/4 of a mile per day loss. It may even be less than that - it’s essentially insignificant. I’m shocked at how much Tesla has advanced in this area from the early reports.

Reactions: Kleenerth3