Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 niggles. One week on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a while I was strongly considering getting a Chevy Bolt instead. They really nailed the regen experience in that car where the normal regen can bring you to a complete stop and it has a paddle on the steering wheel to boost the regen even more.
When I test drove a model S I was disappointed I still had to tap the breaks and couldn't do one pedal driving as much.
That being said there were a lot of things wrong with the bolt *cough* terrible seats *cough* and couldn't be more excited for when my AWD M3 ships some day.

For a while I was strongly considering getting a Chevy Bolt instead. They really nailed the regen experience in that car where the normal regen can bring you to a complete stop and it has a paddle on the steering wheel to boost the regen even more.
When I test drove a model S I was disappointed I still had to tap the breaks and couldn't do one pedal driving as much.
That being said there were a lot of things wrong with the bolt *cough* terrible seats *cough* and couldn't be more excited for when my AWD M3 ships some day.
Can the Bolt do 0 pedal driving? Where you don't even need to have your foot on any pedals?

Wait, are you saying the software does not apply friction brakes at all ever? Or do you mean at low speeds only once regen has faded out? I thought I read somewhere that it does apply brakes when it needs to decelerate quickly in traffic or come to a stop quickly on TACC. Is that not the case?
Wait, what? The topic here is bringing the vehicle to a stop with regen only... not TACC, not emergency stops, not rapid stops. Of course TACC can activate the brakes as needed. That said, friction brakes are not currently blended with accelerator pedal controlled regen, as some manufacturers do, so you're not really going to be able to bring the vehicle to a normal stop if you're only using the accelerator pedal. This could be changed via a software update, though many Tesla owners like the isolation of the friction brakes.

I assume that Nissan e-Pedal will automatically push the friction brake for you when it gets near a stop sign.
As far as I know, all regens cut out at really low speeds.

4. HomeLink only works about 25% of the time. Most of the time it does not transmit. If I reboot the console it will work the first time every time (then start failing again), but who wants to do that? - Software fix.

Do you have LED bulbs in your garage / garage door opener? If so they can cause interference. Replacing with manufacturer certified LED bulbs will solve the issue (chamberlain / liftmaster has a few PDFs if you google.).

1. Sound system doesn't remember it was playing from USB key after I exit car. After I get out of the car upon returning it put itself back to bluetooth as the source even though I was on USB when I got out. Oddly, on a reboot, it will restore the source and the song and song position it was playing. - Software fix.

2. No sunglass holder. Next years model?

3. Phone is not a reliable opener. Works about 50% of the time. Have go to airplane mode and back to get it to work. Sometimes waiting quite a while will also work. I can't really expect the car to open and be ready to drive just by walking to it. - Software fix.

4. HomeLink only works about 25% of the time. Most of the time it does not transmit. If I reboot the console it will work the first time every time (then start failing again), but who wants to do that? - Software fix.

5. Even with creep turned off car will not come to complete stop with only regen. Could be one pedal driving were it not for that. - Software enhancement?

#1 is well known and well reported "bug" also happens with Model S & X. Tesla is most certainly aware, and I hope they come up with a fix, but it has been years of us waiting.

#2: 3rd parties are starting to offer sunglasses trays for the console storage area.

#3: Yeah, lots of threads about that. Personally I just use the card key on the pillar and don't count on my phone at all.

Do you have LED bulbs in your garage / garage door opener? If so they can cause interference. Replacing with manufacturer certified LED bulbs will solve the issue (chamberlain / liftmaster has a few PDFs if you google.).
What's happening is: I push the HomeLink icon and the transmit animation doesn't come on (the little green waves.) So, I'm assuming the car isn't sending the "opensesame" signal. If I do see the animation (not often) then the door opens/closes every time. So, I don't think there is any interference going on. The M3 just isn't transmitting. Also, the manufacturers remote door opener works every time. I'd assume if there was interference it would also fail.

2. The only car sunglass holders I have seen are overhead. Model 3 is essentially all glass. Where would you suggest they put a holder?

Just get a sunglasses case and throw it one of the cubbies or pockets.
I'm sure the brilliant engineers at Tesla can figure something out. How putting one of those clips on the visor? The whole point to a sunglass holder is to make it quick and easy to get your glasses without taking your eyes off the road. The other suggested locations are certainly good enough to store them, but not easy to get to while your moving.

I'm sure the brilliant engineers at Tesla can figure something out. How putting one of those clips on the visor? The whole point to a sunglass holder is to make it quick and easy to get your glasses without taking your eyes off the road. The other suggested locations are certainly good enough to store them, but not easy to get to while your moving.
I found a work around for not having a place to store my sunglasses. I wear them. :cool: