Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 on AutoPilot through very twisty Topanga Canyon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my M3 on AP last year with HW2.5 and then again exactly a year later with HW3 to compare notes. I can't find the video of the entire 2019 HW2.5 drive, except for one clip, but I have uploaded the 2020 entire drive (sped up mostly) along Topanga Canyon and Old Topanga Canyon Blvd entirely (mostly) on autopilot. Very impressed, especially with the sun in my face for most of the drive. A couple of instances where clearly death was headed for me had I not been hyper-vigilant. I would not drive this kind of road on AP as a matter of course, but wanted to see how much better it has gotten over the course of a year and a hardware upgrade. Have a look:

I drove my M3 on AP last year with HW2.5 and then again exactly a year later with HW3 to compare notes. I can't find the video of the entire 2019 HW2.5 drive, except for one clip, but I have uploaded the 2020 entire drive (sped up mostly) along Topanga Canyon and Old Topanga Canyon Blvd entirely (mostly) on autopilot. Very impressed, especially with the sun in my face for most of the drive. A couple of instances where clearly death was headed for me had I not been hyper-vigilant. I would not drive this kind of road on AP as a matter of course, but wanted to see how much better it has gotten over the course of a year and a hardware upgrade. Have a look:

Nice! Thanks for that. I actually played it 75%, to see it more real-time, since I've driven Topanga.