Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model 3 says full at 210 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact same issue, started yesterday. Charge at 100% is 204 miles, it was always around 238 miles. I always charge to 90% and it was always 212-216 miles, yesterday and today it is 184 (at 90%). I did not get any new update, it just stared happening yesterday. (I'm on 2019.28.3.1). Reset didn't fix it. I made an appointment at service. Btw I'm also in Florida.
My car was charging 100% with 210 miles now it’s charging 100% with 204 miles it’s getting worse

Attachments

• ADE29892-99B5-4B44-A940-5501CB2AB4B1.jpeg
    ADE29892-99B5-4B44-A940-5501CB2AB4B1.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 84
My car was charging 100% with 210 miles now it’s charging 100% with 204 miles it’s getting worse

Are you still missing your fog button, etc.? (Do you have symptoms of the SR downgrade). I realize you paid for an SR+.

If so, contact Tesla via the app and ask them to push the correct software to your car. There is no reason to be dealing with this. That’ll restore you to about 224 miles, probably, which is not great, but at least is a start. It might end up being better than that since they clearly are messing things up for you software-wise so things may not be as bad as they look once you get the right software...

Last edited:
Looks like you have the same exact issue as me. I'm texting with service center now.
View attachment 458805

It sounds like you paid for an SR. 204 is kind of poor (7.5% degradation), but the service center really can't control software, what the battery SoC estimation thinks, etc.

If you have a real problem, this problem will get worse. If it's software, it may improve with future updates. It's it's the estimation, full discharges and recharges might help - or might not.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on it and not wasting your time with the Service Center, at least not beyond having them run a remote analysis (I am fairly sure they can do that). At this rate, you will easily qualify for a battery replacement before 8 years are up. More like 6 months.

You should expect 5% degradation after a year (or something like that). That's just kind of the way things are with EVs. Obviously you're at more than that already. It sucks. And is annoying. But I'd personally just go with the flow for now. How often do you use 200 miles of range in a day? Obviously, any degradation (whatever the cause and whether it is actual degradation or not) sucks because it reduces your margin. But right now no one knows whether what you see will be permanent.

Again, if the battery is bad, it's going to fail pretty soon and that will suck, but then you'll be back to your starting point.

Regarding the remote analysis and correspondence with service - don't focus on the rated miles available with them and what you paid for - ask them to pull the logs and get an analysis of what your battery health indicates. I think that's likely to get more traction than complaining about displayed range.

Last edited:
It’s very aggravating what I’m going to do is I’m going to pull up with my car and talk to the sales people I’m not paying to have a car with 204 miles of range

You paid for an SR+ (as far as I can remember). You have a very different issue. You should contact them via the app and have them address that remotely first. There is no reason to bother with going anywhere. They should immediately address that issue since you do not have what you paid for. It's a screw up.

FlashEV0625 has an SR+

@smashcz has an SR.

These are very, very, very, very, very different problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sherlo
Status
Not open for further replies.