Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 with Goodies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All

Long time lurker, first time poster. Had this since may of last year. AWD LR model. After 10+ service appointments for various defects have a ride I am damn happy with. Done a lot of car modifications for the years for cosmetic, comfort and audio. Below is my long term investment :) Enjoy and feel free to ask any questions

Suspension:

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs for a 1.75" drop with custom 1" hubcentric spacers. Ride quality vastly improved in comfort and handling. Next will be UP rear sway bar

Audio System: OG SQ Setup

Gutted the front sound-stage and disconnected the rear speakers and sub-woofer.

I've seen people tap into the tower in the car, don't understand why, ran this setup right off the 12v battery. No issues and sufficient amperage

Speakers:

Boston Acoustics SPZ50 in a coax and component setup for the front stage. The second set of imaging tweeters are mounted in place of the front mid-range under the window trim with a -4db drop to raise the sound-stage. I pulled out the 7" door woofers and used their housing with a abs plate to make a mount for the Bostons.

Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics G3-12" Sub in ported box in the trunk.

DSP: (Not Shown) Helix DSP Pro MK2: ran all the front speaker wires to sum the signal for the front stage. Auto EQ'ed with a microphone and voila. Time alignment etc.

DAC: A nice little bonus to hook up the iPhone with the camera./usb adapter to a Topping D10 DAC via the Toslink output to the Helix. When I do the long drives, I switch to this setup instead of using the factory audio playback. Much better sound.

Amplifier: Frunk mounted McIntosh MCC404M. Rebuilt myself with new caps and other goodies. With the shelf and quick disconnects I made. Makes for a great look and easily removable when there is a servicing issue.

Anyways, pictures below. All ties in nicely.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 196
@drivesallday Have you seen the new Conductor knob by Helix? I just got one to control my Helix DSP and 3D printed up a mount in an aftermarket cubby tray. It allows you to control your main volume, the optical input volume, sub volume, select different DSP tunes, etc. Pretty sweet!

Attachments

• conductor.jpeg
    conductor.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 67