TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My Model S Has Entered Production

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cjt3, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cjt3

cjt3 Member

Hello all.

I've been lurking here for a while, but thought I should finally say hi. Just got the e-mail last night that my Model S is in production, with delivery scheduled for late March - April. Still a long way to go, but getting closer!

2. swgdan

swgdan Member

Awesome! Congrats and welcome!

3. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

Congrats!

4. namlio

namlio Member

cjt3 - I am in the Houston area as well, with my 90D in the production queue and scheduled for a late March delivery as well. If you haven't already, check out the Texas area on the main Model S page and look for the Houston thread. On the last page of that thread, Stephen Page provides some information on his effort to set up a Houston Tesla Club area. You can email him requesting an invite to the club area. Maybe we can get together sometime and compare experiences.

Cheers,

Namlio

5. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

And so the nerve wracking wait continues. Been there. Done that. :)

Just hope you don't do like some (me?) and start hanging out at the service center ostensibly there to ask questions about the car's features while secretly hoping it will arrive while you are there.

6. valerikim

valerikim Member

Production times went down dramatically lately. Mine entered production on 3/5 and completed on 3/8. That's just 3 days compared to almost two weeks that it used to take for cars ordered just a few months ago.

7. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

They probably built yours so fast because they used all those "don't fit quite right" parts they had laying around from changing them out on other cars. :scared:

JUST KIDDING! :wink:

8. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

Congrats on the new car! :)