Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki My Model S PPF Specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that this thread has delved into all sorts of things not including the delivery updates, here's something I would like all you experts' inputs on -

I got my S delivered yesterday and am looking to get it tinted and PPFed (full front) soon.
Here's a quote I received from a bay area shop. Can someone tell me if this looks reasonable?

Vortex IR / Llumar IRX - all sides and rear windshield $675
Vortex IR / Llumar IRX - Front Windshield $350

Full front coverage (full bumper, full hood and full fenders, mirrors and headlights) - XPEL wrap $2475

Silver Plus Package- $1245 + optional paint correction
Extreme Permanent Gloss
2 layer of 9h Glass Shield
1 layer of Light gloss paint coating
1 layer of 9h on plastic and rims
1 layer of Rain on windshield and front side windows
5 year Warranty

Interior CeramicPro (all white) $795
Total $5540
Promotion/Package $ 4995 + optional paint correction

Also, do people get their front-shield tinted as well? Any issues with law enforcement in CA?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Now that this thread has delved into all sorts of things not including the delivery updates, here's something I would like all you experts' inputs on -

I got my S delivered yesterday and am looking to get it tinted and PPFed (full front) soon.
Here's a quote I received from a bay area shop. Can someone tell me if this looks reasonable?

Full front coverage (full bumper, full hood and full fenders, mirrors and headlights) - XPEL wrap $2475

Extreme Permanent Gloss
5 year Warranty

Total $5540

Also, do people get their front-shield tinted as well? Any issues with law enforcement in CA?

I was just quoted $585 for llumar IRX in SoCal for the sides and rear.

Extreme Permanent Gloss
5 year Warranty

Total $5540

• Tint. Reasonable. Paid $700 (MYP) including roof
  • Windshield. Rasonable. Paid $250 (MYP)
  • Full Front PPF. Tad high. 1.5-2.0k is what I would expect. Quoted $6k for whole car (S)
  • Silver Plus. No idea
  • Interior Ceramic. Seems high. Do it yourself for <$100 and an hour of your time

Yes on windshield. Cuts down heat big time. I have no nighttime issues (star burts) on wife's MYP with ceramic

I just got bumped out again. RN1158, Red, 19", beige interior, LR, paying cash, ordered 10/17/21. Was 03/18-3/31, then 04/6-05/08, today it's 05/22-07/03.

This is getting ridiculous and I feel like I'm waiting for nothing.

Question: Should I continue to wait?? Or should I seriously investigate and move on an (in no particular order of interest) EQS, 7-series (ICE), S-class (ICE), Tayon (poor range), Lucid Air (which will also probably never show up)... etc. etc. SMH. Sick of waiting! If I have $100k cash (no financing) to throw down on a car, I'm sure I can find someone to sell to me car elsewhere!

Last edited: