Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S tinted, paint corrected, clear wrapped and carbon-fibered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I recently put my P85+ through Moe Mistry's "advanced install" clear bra Xpel Ultimate wrap, with paint correction first. In the advanced install, major trim parts, light housings and door panels etc. are removed and catalogued so that the clear bra may be wrapped cleanly around edges. Moe's team also tinted the windows with Huper Optik film and wrapped all chrome parts with a carbon-fiber-style wrap, and applied a CQuartz nano coating on top of the Xpel. I had originally intended to do a matte black wrap on the chrome but Moe suggested the carbon fiber and I don't regret the change at all. I figure you guys are the best judges of Model S appearance so here's a few photos. Hope you like it.

Model S 2.jpg

IMG_3933-web900.jpg

IMG_3943-web900.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3920-web900.jpg
    IMG_3920-web900.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 813
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Moe does some really nice work from what I have seen. I also install in this manner so thats coming from someone that knows the in and outs of this type of work. Not all do the level of work to such detail by disassembling to provide that seamless look. My hats off to Moe for doing it right! Hell if I didn't do the work myself I would take my car to Moe :biggrin:.

I am about to wrap my S in matte dark grey and was going to do matte black on the trim but I am considering the CF now as that looks really good! I already had plans to do my rocker panels and front rear skirts but wonder if that would be too much CF on the car?

Did you get any other trim done in carbon fiber? Inside frunk, back of seats, etc?

Not all do the level of work to such detail by disassembling to provide that seamless look.
this is my car ... freaked me out a little when I saw this video for the first time because I didn't know about the level of "destruction" involved in the job, but the end result was definitely worth the effort ... an absolutely clean, seamless finish that looks like it's painted on

Last edited by a moderator:
@flodrab - we didn't wrap the mirror bodies but did wrap the support posts. Yours looks great though! I will try to post a photo but for the moment the forum won't let me do anything other than a quick reply (with no attachments), perhaps because I don't have enough posts.

@S4Life - I didn't wrap any of the other trim accents besides the chrome parts. I've seen the photos of artsci's car with other CF panels and it looks very good. I was concerned that the CF on the chrome parts would look too "blingy" but like how it came out in the end. I think for me, wrapping both the chrome and the other trim parts would be too much CF.

Looks great! Moe does some really nice work from what I have seen. I also install in this manner so thats coming from someone that knows the in and outs of this type of work. Not all do the level of work to such detail by disassembling to provide that seamless look. My hats off to Moe for doing it right! Hell if I didn't do the work myself I would take my car to Moe :biggrin:.

I am about to wrap my S in matte dark grey and was going to do matte black on the trim but I am considering the CF now as that looks really good! I already had plans to do my rocker panels and front rear skirts but wonder if that would be too much CF on the car?

Did you get any other trim done in carbon fiber? Inside frunk, back of seats, etc?

Thanks for the kind words.

I listen to what my clients say and try and make their vision a reality. In this project, client wanted a clean factory look that had a little edge to it, but also being understated. I felt the carbon accent and the shade of tint we chose would achieve that goal.

My philosophy has always been one of harmony. Everything you do, should flow and work in symphony with the rest of the car. For example, I don't want the carbon to take away from the wheels. I don't want the tint to be so dark that it speaks louder than the amazing job we did on the paint. The clear bra we installed on the entire car shouldn't be seen, it should do its job quietly without taking away the "look" and "feel" of this Model S. So, if everything is in balance and complements the enhancements we make, we've hit a home run. You stand back and take in everything; like drinking a great bottle of wine, on Central Coast of California, watching the sun go down, while gazing into the waves of the Pacific Ocean. That's the art we try and make on every project we work on. Model S is an excellent canvas for us :) Can't wait for the X!!