TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My Model S was blacklisted by Tesla......a note for fellow Kiwis

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by MMinehan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. MMinehan

MMinehan Member

I have been waiting, patiently, for V8 to be pushed to my MS. Reading the forums and seeing videos about V8 didn't help temper the excitment. A few fellow Kiwis got V8 a few weeks ago. So I thought it must be happening soon. But nothing.

While chasing up my updated CHAdeMO adapter I asked the Sydney service team if they could manually push the update. But I was told that my MS was on a blacklist and no updates would be happening. Turns out they did not have a signed update warranty waiver on record. Kiwi owners have to sign a support waiver for updates meaning Tesla take no responsibility for any problems that occur as a result of an update.

I signed the waiver and am now again patiently waiting again. Hope it happens soon.

Funny thing is I have been getting minor V7 updates.

So if you are a Kiwi and still don't have V8 it might pay to check if you too are on the blacklist.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1