Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model X is Hot...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... And it's too hot to touch!!

It's by far the hottest SUV ever created - it's safe, fast, technologically advanced, fun, comfortable, and functional. It meets every need I can ever think of when seeking to buy a car. My Model X is PERFECT. It is the best car on the planet and the hottest car on the road. Could not be happier with my decision to purchase the car and it was well worth the wait (even the price). Thank you Elon, Tesla Motors, and the Centinela team for all that you do.

Shout out to the haters who probe the site for headlines and quote antidotal evidence and use it as broad conjecture...Seek truth!

I picked up my Model X this weekend after 3 years of waiting and 6 months after confirming my order. VIN #32x. I wasn't happy about the constant delays, dead ends and lack of communication - in fact, most of the initial excitement I had about the car fizzled out. I went into the delivery appointment very detached. But that all changed very quickly...

The delivery experience was top notch, can't compare to any other car buying experience (even better than our Model S experience 3 years ago). The presentation of the key was beautiful, in a sleek Model X box and on a cool key ring. The DS was kind enough to spend a lot of time walking us through all of the features of the car and offered to join us for the first ride. So easy, professional, quick, thorough, exciting and quite the celebration. Tesla really rolled out the red carpet and my car was spotless with a bow on top! Everything is absolutely stunning and perfect. They even threw in a small token of appreciation. Used the checklist that was complied on the forums and didn't find any significant blemishes or cause for concern. They gave me an accessory hitch (could be the tow hitch, not sure), and no sunshade - but even in LA i don't think the shade is necessary, the tint is already more than sufficient.

I haven't had any issues with the car at all, drives amazingly; feels like heaven when I get in the car. Doesn't even compare to our model S P85+. The technology in the car is user friendly and advanced. Turn radius is also better than our old Model S, which I was really happy/surprised about. It's a magnificent gadget that completely changes the driving experience from a burden to an exciting adventure every ride. Punched the "gas" a few times and the speed of the car is just enthralling. Literally gave me that feeling where my stomach went up to my chest like a roller-coaster (no ludicrous mode). And I had a grin on my face from ear to ear the entire ride. This is a 6,000+ lbs car giving me butterflies, and it's a 7 seater - just incredible!

I still have some range anxiety given the 10-15% hit due to the 22 inch rims (after a day of leisure driving / no punching, saw a 10-12% range hit), but I don't think it will impact me at all during my day to day driving, only if/when we decide to do long road trips in MX.

Bottom line - I felt Tesla did a great job with my Model X, quality is flawless and I am a happy owner, despite my initial disappointment in their communication. I love the car and feel the positive feedback is well deserved, when due.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 146
Congratulations! I am so jealous of you. Really wish I should have waited to get my X to get the better quality X like yours. But again. Very good to see progress as time goes on! If you can please take some pictures of the silver panel to see how much better the alignments are now. Thanks .

• Disagree
Reactions: Dengar22 and Drivin
Ahh now..we should see Wired report a Tesla Model X on fire ..but of course totally ignore everything else OP said. ;)
Yeah, I can just picture all those so-called "news" sites getting stiffies upon reading this thread title... only to read the actual post contents and then having to skulk off to find their bottles of ED medication. :D

... The delivery experience was top notch, can't compare to any other car buying experience (even better than our Model S experience 3 years ago). The presentation of the key was beautiful, in a sleek Model X box and on a cool key ring. The DS was kind enough to spend a lot of time walking us through all of the features of the car and offered to join us for the first ride. So easy, professional, quick, thorough, exciting and quite the celebration. Tesla really rolled out the red carpet and my car was spotless with a bow on top! Everything is absolutely stunning and perfect. They even threw in a small token of appreciation. Used the checklist that was complied on the forums and didn't find any significant blemishes or cause for concern. They gave me an accessory hitch (could be the tow hitch, not sure), and no sunshade - but even in LA i don't think the shade is necessary, the tint is already more than sufficient.
I am really glad you had a great delivery experience and I wish I could say I had the same. Maybe it differs from SC to SC. We took delivery on the day Model 3 reservations opened and that might have played into it. Our car was sitting outside in the open..lots of people touching it though there was a sign on it that said Customer Vehicle Do Not Touch. Someone even tried to sit in it while we were taking delivery.
No red carpet or bow or any token of appreciation (unless you count the pen we signed the papers with). Just quite a dusty car. And it's been a month, no follow up from the DS, though we had couple of follow ups when we picked up the Model S at the factory. Sometimes I wonder if that's the way it will be with the mass production/delivery when Model 3 comes.

On the lighter side @K-MTG, the OP mentioned about sunshade..hail the sunshade captain :)

It's by far the hottest SUV ever created - it's safe, fast, technologically advanced, fun, comfortable, and functional. It meets every need I can ever think of when seeking to buy a car. My Model X is PERFECT. It is the best car on the planet and the hottest car on the road. Could not be happier with my decision to purchase the car and it was well worth the wait (even the price). Thank you Elon, Tesla Motors, and the Centinela team for all that you do.

Shout out to the haters who probe the site for headlines and quote antidotal evidence and use it as broad conjecture...Seek truth!

I picked up my Model X this weekend after 3 years of waiting and 6 months after confirming my order. VIN #32x. I wasn't happy about the constant delays, dead ends and lack of communication - in fact, most of the initial excitement I had about the car fizzled out. I went into the delivery appointment very detached. But that all changed very quickly...

The delivery experience was top notch, can't compare to any other car buying experience (even better than our Model S experience 3 years ago). The presentation of the key was beautiful, in a sleek Model X box and on a cool key ring. The DS was kind enough to spend a lot of time walking us through all of the features of the car and offered to join us for the first ride. So easy, professional, quick, thorough, exciting and quite the celebration. Tesla really rolled out the red carpet and my car was spotless with a bow on top! Everything is absolutely stunning and perfect. They even threw in a small token of appreciation. Used the checklist that was complied on the forums and didn't find any significant blemishes or cause for concern. They gave me an accessory hitch (could be the tow hitch, not sure), and no sunshade - but even in LA i don't think the shade is necessary, the tint is already more than sufficient.

I haven't had any issues with the car at all, drives amazingly; feels like heaven when I get in the car. Doesn't even compare to our model S P85+. The technology in the car is user friendly and advanced. Turn radius is also better than our old Model S, which I was really happy/surprised about. It's a magnificent gadget that completely changes the driving experience from a burden to an exciting adventure every ride. Punched the "gas" a few times and the speed of the car is just enthralling. Literally gave me that feeling where my stomach went up to my chest like a roller-coaster (no ludicrous mode). And I had a grin on my face from ear to ear the entire ride. This is a 6,000+ lbs car giving me butterflies, and it's a 7 seater - just incredible!

I still have some range anxiety given the 10-15% hit due to the 22 inch rims (after a day of leisure driving / no punching, saw a 10-12% range hit), but I don't think it will impact me at all during my day to day driving, only if/when we decide to do long road trips in MX.

Bottom line - I felt Tesla did a great job with my Model X, quality is flawless and I am a happy owner, despite my initial disappointment in their communication. I love the car and feel the positive feedback is well deserved, when due.

Wow, I'm very happy to see you had a great delivery experience. Enjoy, and drive safely!

Good for you. Please report back after 1 mo. with positives and negatives. Very interested in the longevity of the doors in recently delivered vehicles.

Reactions: Softwizard
Good for you. Please report back after 1 mo. with positives and negatives. Very interested in the longevity of the doors in recently delivered vehicles.

Still loving the car, haven't had a single issue yet. Still have some range anxiety with the 10-15% hit in range compared to our model S, but haven't done long road trips yet where it might be an issue. Hands down the best car, or anything, I have ever purchased. I am so happy and still get butterflies every time I step into the car. I just wish it had 300mi range, hopefully a P150D could be on the horizon and cause for upgrade!

Last edited:
Reactions: madodel