Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model X is SMOKING???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have the Service Center pull the frunk tub and remove the front underbody plastics, to give it a thorough once over. The compressor does get very hot, and if something plastic or rubber touches it, and it's not supposed to, it could be melting.

Reactions: K-MTG
Dropped the car at service this morning, gave them a checklist with my issues. I am hoping they will be able to fix everything I included in my previous Tesla build quality video and this oil leak issue. I will post an updated video once I get my car back.

I got a X 90D loaner which was a built in May, 2016 (the same month as my X) and the VIN is roughly 400 apart. However, the fit and finish is much better. It has no rattling or thumping issues, the seals are clean, and I don't see any panel misalignment. I will look out for ghosting tonight.

I'm surprised they had a tesla loaner for you. I took mine in for suspension issue less than a month after delivery and they didn't have any ;). Definitely curious as to why your car is leaking though. Keep us posted!

I'm surprised they had a tesla loaner for you. I took mine in for suspension issue less than a month after delivery and they didn't have any ;). Definitely curious as to why your car is leaking though. Keep us posted!

I always got Tesla loaners on all of my service appointments, this is the first time getting an X. Previously it was always an S

Got the car back from service, it was the refrigerant! Glad it wasn't anything major.

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 10.43.52 AM.png

Just got mine back from annual service and they swapped the A/C lines even though I didn't ask. Said they check all the early builds as they come in because it's a know issue that the lines are swapped. Same with the front latches.

On my service bulletin they noted that the front latches need to be replaced but they didn't have any in stock