Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model x LR experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Would like to share my overall experience so far. Thank you all for directly and indirectly sharing a lot of helpful information on the forums.

Ordered Model X LR in June '21. I have it delivered on Sep 28, 2022. {Deep blue metallic, 6-seat white, 20-in wheels, and FSD included}.

Personal feeling:
Initially there were few doubts in my mind - if I ever wanted a $120k car. Man ! the interior styling, design, the way it drives, the yoke steering and the entertainment screens and sound system - they have blown our mind. My wife and kids also absolutely love the car. We were so glad that we went ahead to buy it. It is an incredible vehicle and 100% worth it.

Delivery experience:
Everything on the app made it super easy. When in doubt, I would always respond to the text message and they were able to respond in time. For East bay area folks, they have shifted the delivery location to Stockton. The lot is big and gave me some time to drive the vehicle a few times in the lot before taking the main roads.

Driving experience:
The chill mode is quite relaxed. Sport mode gives a good boost. The insane mode is truly insane. Yet to try the dragstrip launcher mode. LR itself is super fast with insane mode. I wonder how the Plaid would be. I have owned Lexus RX, Kia SX, BMW 5 series in the past. But driving a Tesla Model X is a different world altogether.

Insurance and Finance:
You need a head-start (at least 2-3 weeks) if you would finance your vehicle with an outside bank and not with Tesla banks (USbank or Wellsfargo). I took a loan from DCU, the process is a bit longer but offered a better rate: 3.74% vs Tesla's 4.5%.
Also, I have been a Geico customer for a few years and I was able to find better rates with Geico than Tesla's.

Build quality:
Overall, I didn't notice any build quality issues. No panel gaps or rattle noises. Looks like the car was built well. Only small cosmetic issue I have in my car is -- fender garnish (plastic trim on rear passenger wheel) is a bit loose. The glue wasn't thick enough to hold it. I will search for other issues before raising a SR.

Autopilot:
Have been playing and experimenting with autopilot on highways. It is decent to start with. Really looking forward to FSD beta. Trying to maintain my safety score above 95.

Home charging:
I have a wall charger installed in my home and also have solar (NEM 2.0). So, I am charging by optimizing solar production during the day.

Next steps:
I am looking at getting ceramic window tinting - comparing options between Xpel and Solarguard. Would most likely get it done in a week. Then, yet to think about paint protection wrap on the front. I personally don't think there is a need for it in California (bay area), but I could be wrong. If anybody has suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you for reading !!