Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model X order update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Bogobec - congrats! Beautiful combo you have!!!! I got my X today, too. I will post pics tomorrow and my delivery experience and some very minor problems, but will look better tomorrow just in case (it was raining). All in all a good experience today for me. I was at Devon, in PA. The delivery team did about 15 deliveries a week in April to about 30 a day now we were told. Lots of 3s there, lot is full with cars, as in very little space to move. I'll post tomorrow on a new thread.
Thanks! Congratulations to you too. During the 3 hours it took to take delivery, waiting in the car and all, we saw at least 15 M3 and 1 other X being delivered. They confirmed me that they were entering a new delivery hell until the end of month.

My son and I installing the winter tires today :)

63390225-0B93-443A-9CAE-1AC68E52AC46.jpeg

Attachments

• 875FB2A0-2751-49CF-859B-2EAB8F0CF204.jpeg
    875FB2A0-2751-49CF-859B-2EAB8F0CF204.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 48
Looking good! They did a great job on the rear applique. Are they doing the mirrors too?
Mine is in for PPF now but ran out of time to get the chrome delete done. Debating on tackling it myself, but worry about a few of the tight spots.
Yes, they are doing all the chromes, including the mirrors. I wasn’t sure about the chrome delete at first. I thought maybe of doing it later but since I was doing ceramic coat too, it didn’t make sense to pay extra later to remove the coating on the chrome to apply the vinyl and then coat again. All in all it will take two weeks. The time without my newly acquired X is killing us. Had to ride the ICE instead. When my wife used the CRV again after riding in the X for a weekend she called me yelling: what a shitty car! When are we getting the X back again? :D

Reactions: frank-datank
What a great looking car.

When they do a "chrome delete", what does that mean? Is it covering the chrome with another color/film, or is physically removing the chrome. The reason for asking is you car looks great, but I lease cars and you cannot make permanent changes to leased cars.

What a great looking car.

When they do a "chrome delete", what does that mean? Is it covering the chrome with another color/film, or is physically removing the chrome. The reason for asking is you car looks great, but I lease cars and you cannot make permanent changes to leased cars.
Thanks!

Theu apply a vinyl that can be removed after. It is like wrapping a car but only for the chrome parts. They told me that this will not damage the chrome beneath.

Reactions: jboy210
Word of caution...the first piece they wrapped they trimmed off of the rubber flap against the glass on the top of the lower piece of trim. They pointed out to me as I would’ve never seen it. Just make sure if you have your X chrome deleted look at the rubber flap on the top of the lower trim to make sure they are still intact.