Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model-X resale value just dropped significantly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a retrofit option for current owners???

Welcome to the club. Many owners went through this before all of you. Some just missed parking sensors, some just missed AWD, some just missed Autopilot, and now some are just missing Full Self-Driving Hardware. It's just part of being a Tesla Owner. We just missed Autopilot but our Classic S is still a wonderful vehicle. Enjoy the vehicle you got and realize any Tesla is light years superior than any of the competition.

Forgot to Add I'd bet serious money retrofit isn't possible. It's not possible for pre-autopilot cars to get Autopilot 1.0 hardware and it won't be possible for Auto-Pilot cars to get Full Self-Driving hardware.

I've only ever purchased cars.

Makes me really want to lease my future Tesla.

I leased mine so I can take advantage of the business expense. my brother and i just talked about it because we were debating own vs lease and now I am firm on the lease. I think we need to think of the car as any electronic item we have and that it will be improved a upon on a regular basis. the only downside is always having a payment but as log as i can use it as a business expense im ok with it.

Reactions: Ormond
I missed it by days but I knew I was missing it.

I got a 60d which was never avialiable with 2.0. So there's that

Also I wonder what the real Pain will be. A "now" X hasn't taken that big of a hit and you have a $7500 cushion with tax credit. Plus if you trade in now you get another tax credit.

Personally I would wait to get a "2017" car and let them iron out some initial kinks but I'll love to hear the first reports of trade in values of 2-3 month old Xs steam in.

I will email my OA for an estimate for fun