Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model X story of the day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so my wife and I were expecting our third child in October until her water broke last week. She got admitted to hospital on Sunday and we were told to expect our boy within the next 2 weeks. I have spent the evenings at my wife's bedside since Sunday and this morning I went to work as per usual. I had a quick surgery to perform this morning and then a clinic for the rest of the day. I started my clinic and my wife sends me a text asking if I can cancel my afternoon just to be with her for emotional support to which I obliged with great delight as I didn't really want to be at work (too stressed worrying about our baby). I call her from my X and she tells me she is 2cm dilated (barely starting labor in lay mans terms) so says not to rush. I'm in my X so I enjoyed ignoring her advice and drove quite quickly across town to another hospital where she got transferred to since our hospital's NICU was full). I arrive in the parking lot at 12:16pm and the parking attendant says as I arrive "I've seen your X driving around...do you have 5 minutes to show us your car?" Now ordinarily I would have gladly done it but I was excited to see my wife and equally worried at the same time. I respectfully explained that I was having a baby so they told me to rush off which I did. As I ran off, I felt bad not representing the Tesla family as I would have liked to, but I arrived into my wife's room at 12:21pm, dropped my bags, washed my hands and heard my wife scream! Doctors were called and our nurse says my wife is fully dilated (baby is coming). My wife can't help but push and the nurse demands for the doctors right away. One more push later, the baby pops out, the doctor gets her gloves on in the nick of time to catch my son and at 12:26pm today, my son Drake arrives healthy but not so happy into this world. He arrived 7 weeks early and weighs only 3lbs 13oz (but much heavier than my first born daughter who was only 1lb 11oz). Mum and baby are well and my model X is now going to have a third car seat installed in 2 weeks when we get to bring our son home.

Thanks all. I came to the hospital today and all the parking attendants gave me a warm welcome as they all developed an interest in the excitement they witnessed yesterday. They call me Mr Tesla :).

Parenthood has been the most rewarding thing I have ever accomplished. Everything I do is for my kids. The Tesla MX purchase was to accommodate them. When I sold my black panamera in June, my first son Gryphon was devastated, but when I replaced it with the "ca with wings" he got over it pretty quickly. (All my children are named after mythical winged creatures: Phoenix, Gryphon, Drake and my MX Pegasus).

I read how some one on the Model X owners Facebook page has placed 3 orders for the M3 for his triplets. I guess I had better start saving if I'm to keep up with this expectation!!