Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model X tried to swallow my iPhone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was headed home the other night. I set my iPhone 6 down on the (closed) sliding door on the console between the two front seats. While driving, I had to slow down, the iPhone slid forward, and it sort of stuck between the top of the console and below the small shelf at the bottom of the dash (below the touchscreen).

I could barely get my fingers in there to try to get it out. When I was able to touch the phone, KLUNK! It dropped somewhere into the depths behind the dash. Gone.

When I got home, I removed the side panels and tried to reach in there a million ways. I could see the phone, but it was embedded in a tiny space between lots of other electronics and such. Ugh!

My wife took the car to the Sunnyvale CA service center the next day. Apparently it caused quite a sensation. I think some people had not seen an X before (the Sunnyvale service center does not do deliveries, apparently), and certainly they had not seen this particular issue before. It took a tech about 15 minutes to figure out a way to get the phone out. Everything is all put back together now.

Don't put your phone there!

Or you could get yourself one of these.

GrabEasy Grabber and Retriever-PF0401 - The Home Depot

81437024-6849-4c3e-9111-2b96ede519bb_1000.jpg

I was headed home the other night. I set my iPhone 6 down on the (closed) sliding door on the console between the two front seats. While driving, I had to slow down, the iPhone slid forward, and it sort of stuck between the top of the console and below the small shelf at the bottom of the dash (below the touchscreen).

I could barely get my fingers in there to try to get it out. When I was able to touch the phone, KLUNK! It dropped somewhere into the depths behind the dash. Gone.

When I got home, I removed the side panels and tried to reach in there a million ways. I could see the phone, but it was embedded in a tiny space between lots of other electronics and such. Ugh!

My wife took the car to the Sunnyvale CA service center the next day. Apparently it caused quite a sensation. I think some people had not seen an X before (the Sunnyvale service center does not do deliveries, apparently), and certainly they had not seen this particular issue before. It took a tech about 15 minutes to figure out a way to get the phone out. Everything is all put back together now.

Don't put your phone there!

The other opening where the USB slots are, ate my wallet. There can be a shift of items forward and down into a cubby below and it's also not easy to retrieve.......