Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model X wrapped in Satin Guard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also thinking about a full wrap.

Which shop did you use? How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

-ThinkMac-

I've used Premier numerous times since 2012 and they have been top notch. I recently sold my 2018 MX P100D and got into a 2020. Here's the vid showing the process of my baby's transformation. I chose to go with Satin Guard instead of Xpel because this film has a much nicer finish. So excited to be picking it up on Monday! Can't wait!

Sorry fellas. Been sick (no not Covid). The company that did it is Premier. They had my approval to make the video for my car. Information is:

Premier
in Fremont (can't remember their address - too lazy to look up)
510-623-1308

Speak to Dave and let him know Lloyd w/ the blue MX sent you. He is a super nice guy and very up front / honest. They are super high-end and my $150k MX was the cheapest car they had there. I've used them on all of my Teslas since '13 and wouldn't use anyone else. Had a bad experience w/ another well-known company and Premier fixed all of those issues.

Reactions: DIL
I've used Premier numerous times since 2012 and they have been top notch. I recently sold my 2018 MX P100D and got into a 2020. Here's the vid showing the process of my baby's transformation. I chose to go with Satin Guard instead of Xpel because this film has a much nicer finish. So excited to be picking it up on Monday! Can't wait!

That looks awesome!! I have the same model on order and have been thinking about the satin film too. Can you share if it impacts the sensitivity of any of the sensors or are they located off the body or in areas where they are not impacted by a film. Nonetheless, that looks awesome!

That looks awesome!! I have the same model on order and have been thinking about the satin film too. Can you share if it impacts the sensitivity of any of the sensors or are they located off the body or in areas where they are not impacted by a film. Nonetheless, that looks awesome!

No issues. I have clear film on my other Teslas and no issues w/ them too. Thanks! I am loving the new look and it's so easy to clean

This does look fantastic- does anyone have any examples of it on midnight silver metallic?

Also, I saw the question but didn’t see an answer, apologize if I missed it, but roughly how much would one expect to pay for this application to their MX?

Edit: I googled and there are various examples out there on MSM- still curious as to rough cost to expect, also any suggestions on shops in OC that would be of the caliber shown in this video?

Last edited:
I was able to get a full matte PPF for under $5k in OC. I was happy with the result
upload_2021-1-19_17-58-10.jpeg

Good to know- I’ll check them out and see where they are at on price... I did see that the xpel stealth pre-cut is available but quick calc of the various sets required looks like it’s around $4k just for the material and while I tackled the chrome delete with I’d say A- results, not sure I’m willing to take on a whole wrap job as an amateur with the material costing that!