Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model Y LR delivery date has been moved up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y got moved up a lot --from March-April 2022 to this week!

I ordered it in on 10/13/21. Nothing too fancy --a Y LR in red with the 20" induction wheels, all black interior, and full self-driving.

In early November it moved up to February. And then last week, it started moving around for mid/late December. Originally it was around the 13th-18th, then it went to 21st to 25th, and now it's December 8-13.

When the December dates popped up, so did my VIN reflecting the '22 "model year".

I don't know when I'll really get it though. I'm in Hawaii and wherever it is needs to go to Honolulu, Oahu first and then shipped by local barge to Hawaii Island. Someone from Tesla Hawaii emailed me on Monday to say it's coming soon, to ignore the dates in the app,and to ask me exactly how I'd like to get the car to my island (either ship it myself privately or pay a fee to them to handle it.) They'll reach out to me TBD when my car actually arrives in the state.

I wouldn't mind it not actually getting in until 1/1 due to the tax credits, but if it comes in sooner I won't be too disappointed.

Maybe so many people have canceled and re-ordered to get their cars in January or beyond that my vehicle became available for sale from the factory.

Curious where in the world it really is.

My Y got moved up a lot --from March-April 2022 to this week!

I ordered it in on 10/13/21. Nothing too fancy --a Y LR in red with the 20" induction wheels, all black interior, and full self-driving.

In early November it moved up to February. And then last week, it started moving around for mid/late December. Originally it was around the 13th-18th, then it went to 21st to 25th, and now it's December 8-13.
Nothing too fancy?! You pretty much spec'd it out paying a premium for paint, wheels and FSD. You're at the front of the line.

I ordered our MY on Oct 25th and the delivery date was set to March 2022. It changed to June after several weeks. It changed again between March to April. Today, delivery date was pushed out to December. At this rate, I may not get the MY till 2023 LOL.

And btw, why is Elon saying Tesla does not need the $7500 tax rebate from the BBB? I definitely need it to push my MY price down to below $56K.