Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share my pickup experience from today. Purchased new Model Y Long Range, White exterior, black interior, 19'' wheels.

Car had a small paint blemish above the right rear wheel, our sales agent made note and added it to their system so that it's repair will be free of charge and at my convenience, I just have to make an appointment via the app. I feel no need to immediately get it fixed, maybe will get to it in a few weeks, it's maybe the size of a quarter with a little paint drop kind of pin sized dot in the middle that you can feel with your finger.

Only other notifiable imperfection is that the hood is slightly lower on the drivers side than on the passenger side (which is pretty flush). Hard to honestly notice it visually but when you run your fingers down the edge it's easy to feel. It's dipped down maybe .5 cm lower than on the passenger side of the hood. The sales associate examined and said it's within spec and I honestly didn't care enough to make a fuss or refuse delivery.

All other panels looked honestly perfect. One thing I love so far, the doors definitely have a better feel and heft to my 1 year old Model 3 which I always thought felt cheap and light. Windows too. In terms of build quality, everything feels a little more tight, dense, and heavy than my M3 also, kind of hard to explain exactly, but its a good feeling. Zero rattles when driving so far so very happy about that.

... and we drove off happily ever after

Hey BZM3 thanks for the post. Would you also post up your thoughts of the ride quality / suspension please. Is it firm or more comfortable? There’s been a lot of folks unhappy with the firm ride of the car, and some talk about Tesla revising the suspension on the 2021’s to make it more comfortable. But no real info out there yet about it. What’s your take on the ride quality and have you ridden in an earlier Vin Y in comparison. Let us know. Thanks!

Hey BZM3 thanks for the post. Would you also post up your thoughts of the ride quality / suspension please. Is it firm or more comfortable? There’s been a lot of folks unhappy with the firm ride of the car, and some talk about Tesla revising the suspension on the 2021’s to make it more comfortable. But no real info out there yet about it. What’s your take on the ride quality and have you ridden in an earlier Vin Y in comparison. Let us know. Thanks!
I have not ridden in an earlier Model Y, this was actually the first time I've ever been in a Y. I didn't even test drive it prior to ordering, so I came in with no real expectations.

Full disclosure, I've been driving my Model 3 for about a year and a half and will still be keeping it, I have the 19'' wheels and am accustom to the firmer drive. In the M3 you really feel the road and when you hit a bump you know it. The Model Y (19" Gemini) definitely has a similar firm feel, and I wouldn't call it lux/plush, but I would by no means call it uncomfortable at all. Additionally, from what I've read, the 19'' gemini are the most comfortable wheel setup. The way I describe the Model 3 is that it is sporty. I would describe the Model Y in the same way, it's a sporty firm ride, but softer than the 3 if you have experiencing riding or driving in one.

People who are unhappy with the firm ride of the car must not like that sporty feel, and driving on a velvety cloud was never a priority of mine so I might be biased. Again, I've been driving a Model 3 which is pretty unforgiving, but the MY is much more comfortable. It corners really well, doesn't really roll significantly. Accelerates like crazy.

I agree with you BZM3, I am keeping my Model 3 as well and have always had sportier cars (Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, etc.), so I don't notice a ride that I would call too firm. I love the handling of both cars, and think the Model Y is much sportier performance-wise than most crossovers in this category. I believe its all relative though. If someone came from a Lincoln, then this may feel firm to them.

I drive around San Diego, and our roads are not great in most areas. I drive attentively to avoid potholes and bad road imperfections, but the quiet ride of the Tesla's makes the experience exceptional to any other car I have driven. The Model Y is a solid-built, quick and nimble monster. :)

I compare it to a go-kart! :)

People who are unhappy with the firm ride of the car must not like that sporty feel, and driving on a velvety cloud was never a priority of mine so I might be biased. Again, I've been driving a Model 3 which is pretty unforgiving, but the MY is much more comfortable. It corners really well, doesn't really roll significantly. Accelerates like crazy.

• Love
Reactions: BZM3