Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Most Desired Feature on the CyberTruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My most desired feature on the Cybertruck is having a similar distinct mid-gate and integrated bed like in a 2003-2013 Chevy Avalanche?

See feature beginning at 0:52 sec of this video.

With it I can carry both my 15 foot and 17 foot Folbot kayaks . Like I do now in my 2007 Avalanche.

The bed would also create a full size 8 foot truck bed with this mid-gate design.

I truly hope its implemented on the cybertruck.

I doubt Tesla will be able to incorporate such a feature. The mid-gate concept would make the roll top very challenging. Even if you could design a roll top that could still operate independent of the gate, any cargo would still obstruct its operation. Maybe just give up on any rearward visibility and ditch the rear window and just put the roll top storage up under the back of the cab roof.

The Avalanche had removable panel segments to cover the bed.

You might be better off just carrying the kayaks on a rack on top or towing them on a light trailer. The aerodynamics would be impaired by driving with the roll top and tailgate open if you haul them in the bed, so you are going to have diminished range either way.

• Disagree
Reactions: beachmiles
Also, if you watch the whole video, at the end the reviewer talks about how unless you specifically need the functionality of the Avalanche, you are going to be better off saving your money and buying a regular, general purpose truck. I personally would be unlikely to use a mid-gate in a truck, so my vote would be not to add that cost and added compromises to the conventional truck bed cargo functionality.

Also, if you watch the whole video, at the end the reviewer talks about how unless you specifically need the functionality of the Avalanche, you are going to be better off saving your money and buying a regular, general purpose truck. I personally would be unlikely to use a mid-gate in a truck, so my vote would be not to add that cost and added compromises to the conventional truck bed cargo functionality.
In order to have a long enough area to sleep on the back wall of the cabin needs to open-up or the "camp" feature would be useless. And a significant percentage of the Reservation holders plan on utilizing that feature....like me.

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles
In order to have a long enough area to sleep on the back wall of the cabin needs to open-up or the "camp" feature would be useless. And a significant percentage of the Reservation holders plan on utilizing that feature....like me.
They are going to need to put a "wall" across the truck to form the back of the bed. Could they not put a removeable panel in the middle of the wall? If the rear seats are removeable and you can take out the middle of the wall you could put a sleeping bag in there and enjoy the heat or AC. I hope the rear seats are removeable because many of us will not need the option of hauling more than three people but would like to put a dog crate or other gear where they would be secure and still accessable. The CT is so affordable that a few extra dollars spent on modifications like this would not decrease the demand for the truck and any slight loss of buyers on the one hand would be offset by orders from campers, and people who haul or think they will haul big stuff.

Stow and go seats, would be nice, but I'm sure there isn't room... Best hope would be if they could slide the back seats forward to the back of the front seats, that would buy you two to four feet then if the cabin is three of four inches lower than the truck bed, then the back wall could fold into the truck.

They are going to need to put a "wall" across the truck to form the back of the bed. Could they not put a removeable panel in the middle of the wall? If the rear seats are removeable and you can take out the middle of the wall you could put a sleeping bag in there and enjoy the heat or AC. I hope the rear seats are removeable because many of us will not need the option of hauling more than three people but would like to put a dog crate or other gear where they would be secure and still accessable. The CT is so affordable that a few extra dollars spent on modifications like this would not decrease the demand for the truck and any slight loss of buyers on the one hand would be offset by orders from campers, and people who haul or think they will haul big stuff.

I am hoping the seats are thin jump-seat like construction that don't take a lot of volume. Some of the storage space underneath is already going to be taken by the roll top. Also you can see that the back wall of the cab protrudes inward behind the lower portion of the seats removing a storage space that is really handy in other crew-cab trucks.

Where are you going to put all your stuff when you are using the cargo area and the back seat to sleep in?
If you are going to sleep in a crew-cab truck, I would suggest a back seat air mattress as the easiest solution. Comfort will depend a lot on the width of the interior being wide enough to stretch out fully.

71xLbiFvdnL._AC_SX569_.jpg

The Avalanche was discontinued for a reason. Just saying.