Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Mostly Great AWD Model 3 Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I picked up our new Obsidian Metallic Black AWD Model 3. No other options (no AP, no fancy wheels, just the paint upgrade and AWD).

Overall AWESOME. Here are a few notes of things we noticed.

There are still a few quality control issues Tesla needs to improve. We had these minor things that we noticed upon delivery.
  1. Biggest issue: Significant scratching in the glass on the exterior of the B-pillar where you swipe your backup RFID card for entry. I'm surprised this got past quality control, honestly ... I didn't really notice it until we were outside and I had the delivery agent take a photo to log it for later repair.
  2. Minor stuff - a tiny paint blog on a rear panel, and a small nick in the paint on the edge of the hood (not visible when frunk closed, and at least that piece is aluminum so it won't rust).
  3. More minor - small scratch in one tail light. I didn't even bother to mention it.

Problem-wise, I found that LTE does not allow me to play Slacker (affecting a lot of Model 3 owners in Canada, apparently),. and the connection to my iPhone for Bluetooth audio was SUPER slow, like I waited several minutes to get it to see my phone. But it did work.

Now for the stuff I LOVE about this car !!!

• The premium audio package is just amazing. I've never heard music so awesome on my life.
  • The seats feel great! Really awesome.
  • The dash is just SO clean and crisp. My kids love the wood panel on the dash.
  • The screen is elegant, crips, bright, and really well done. Absolutely NO issue looking at that screen for speed compared to driving a Model S.
  • Acceleration is amazing, as expected for the AWD model.
  • Regen on "standard" feels even more aggressive than the Model S. Just takes a bit of getting used to.
For those of you about to get your car, you'll love it !

Regarding your number 1 issue;
  1. Biggest issue: Significant scratching in the glass on the exterior of the B-pillar where you swipe your backup RFID card for entry. I'm surprised this got past quality control, honestly ... I didn't really notice it until we were outside and I had the delivery agent take a photo to log it for later repair.
I had the same thing and pretty upset that it was so easily scratched. After careful inspection of that B-pillar, you will find that there is a very thin protection film that you can peel off, double check yours and you'll be happy that you did.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons