Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Mother-in-law wanted to go for a ride.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was my second day with my P85, so my wife and I decided to take the car by her parents' house for a little show and tell. My mother in law wanted to go for a ride. My wife said she would take a video of the "ride" and then gave me a "wink." The results are in the video. Suffice it to say, that while my in-laws are very impressed with the Tesla, they are no longer speaking to me. Thank you Elon.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I demo the car to friends and co-workers, it's usually around the time the passengers start talking about how silent it is in motion when I simply ask "everyone buckled?" or say "hold on" -- generally followed, as you all would expect, by some combination of screams, laughter, expletives or other exclamations, etc.

My reply is a big Tesla Grin and a matter-of-fact, "yeah, it's a fun car to drive."

I don't think I could bring myself to do that to my mom or in-laws, though. Mom is susceptible to motion sickness, and my in-laws... um, no further comment.

My kids, on the other hand: "Daddy, can you do the acceleration again?" :)