Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My MS Plastic dipping some stuff:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched the youtube videos and thought, I can do that.. messed up first time around but here are some before and after photos:
Before.JPG

I did 1 piece yesterday that i liked so it is here already:

Now I masked and taped up the car and applied 2 coats waiting 10 minutes between coats.

2 coats.JPG

Here is the finished product. When I do it again, because I know I could have done better.. I will do two more coats after I think I did enough. I was not liberal enough with the spray.

After.JPG

All in it took an hour and a half waiting 10 minutes between coats. I am considering the trim around the windows as well as below the door, but I am considering vinyl wrap as well.

Thanks for looking and have a great day from Texas,

Richard

I'm joining the plasti-dipped generation soon. :) I will be dipping my wheels black after I practice on my daughters Jeep :) When I was looking at sites and information on it , she saw it and now wants her wheels done. I said "great, i'll do yours first so I don't mess up my Tesla." It really looks so easy but with a big looks

Reactions: RichardD
So is this "actual" dip, and thus did you brush it on? Or is this the spray-on "dip"?

Looks really nice!
This is a spray can you can buy from multiple sources. This one is from lowes at 5.98
Shop Plasti Dip 11-fl oz Black Aerosol Spray Coating at Lowes.com

I watched several youtube videos before doing it. I want to try some more advanced stuff. If I do, I will probably buy some kind of kit from :
Dip Your Car - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint
They put out quite a few really good videos.

Here is what I would really like to end up doing:
Triton ColorShift Kit

I would love if a vendor in Houston did this for a reasonable price.

-richard

• Informative
Reactions: M0DEL³
It is a vinyl wrap, I just read the post on reddit, cost $5k installed. I am waiting to see how my plastidip holds up before I make any other modifications. What i really like is that it peels off so easily.

The wrapped car is the guy that hosts. Tesla Inventory Search

ps. @RichardD the 'dip' looks neat, I'm going to try the same on the new wheels. Interested on how it lasts.

I watched the youtube videos and thought, I can do that.. messed up first time around but here are some before and after photos:
View attachment 224089
I did 1 piece yesterday that i liked so it is here already:

Now I masked and taped up the car and applied 2 coats waiting 10 minutes between coats.

View attachment 224090

Here is the finished product. When I do it again, because I know I could have done better.. I will do two more coats after I think I did enough. I was not liberal enough with the spray.

View attachment 224091

All in it took an hour and a half waiting 10 minutes between coats. I am considering the trim around the windows as well as below the door, but I am considering vinyl wrap as well.

Thanks for looking and have a great day from Texas,

Richard

I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps.