Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY MSM Smoked Headlights PICS request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is black with a PPF. But should give you an idea.
E009F207-9A1F-4F6C-9771-B5D8DB508F07.jpeg

I didn’t do the headlights because I don’t want it to be dim but I did vinyl my tail lights and reflectors. Brake, signal, and reverse still nice and bright. You could see the before and after from the pictures

Attachments

• ABE3A060-7233-4B3A-A25D-C4853E991B1B.jpeg
    ABE3A060-7233-4B3A-A25D-C4853E991B1B.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 0C84B237-B573-4369-AD16-B390C03E79E8.jpeg
    0C84B237-B573-4369-AD16-B390C03E79E8.jpeg
    640.4 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Noflash
Thanks! They were vinyl headlight/tail light tinting film actually. My tint guys tinted my whole car inside and out (besides the headlights). They’ve used the same thing on my 2013 Prius and 2008 Civic and were just the right amount of tint without distorting the visibility of the lights.

@phisDK2021 Looks great, what did you use? Is that just the stuff in the spray can? Thanks!

Thank you!

I would prefer to paint the chrome inside too to give it a more menacing/sporty look but way too much work for my comfort and the stock headlights look fine IMHO.

Definitely post some pictures if you do get them done! Would love to see what I’m missing out on.

I like the look of those smoked out tails!

And I agree about light output - that’s why I want to crack open the headlights and paint the chrome black - then reseal.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
@phisDK2021 Do you happen to remember which percentage the vinyl film was they used on your taillights? I am taking my to have the windows done soon and wanted to ask about the taillights too. Thanks!
Just asked my friend and he said they come in light, medium, or dark gray. Mine is the dark gray option. They’re not listed in percentage.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmcn
Mine is black with a PPF. But should give you an idea. View attachment 638222
I love this ride. I just got my Model Y Performance and am trying to decide between Satin/Matte and Glossy. I saw yours and think it's the best I've seen. What %'s did you get the tinting at for the windows/windshield and for the PPF headlights? Also, are your emblems satin/matte or gloss? If they are satin do you think it would look good with gloss on a satin car finish? Lastly what are the wheels considered? Polish or powder coated?

Thank you in advance for your time. I'm making a decision on the PPF soon and absolutely LOVE the way your ride looks. I don't know much about tinting but the first person's I saw was 20% all around/50% on the windshield and I've been recommended 70% PPF on the headlights, with me leaning towards the Satin and then I'm deciding on the satin, matte or glossy black emblems.