Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY MSM with gray or black wheel covers, please post photos!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three different types. They all look great IMHO...

Attachments

• 20230115_105941.jpg
    20230115_105941.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 517
  • 20230107_110218(0).jpg
    20230107_110218(0).jpg
    434 KB · Views: 440
  • 20221225_160015.jpg
    20221225_160015.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 435
Check out alibaba

forgot who made them.

happy with them. From a distance, can’t tell they’re caps. cheap alternative if u don’t want to go induction or 21” UT.

i valued range, ride And tire cost over the stock 21” look. 21” UT look badass tho.

Any of these from the US. I rather not get them from China.
Look on Amazon (I bought my Model 3 covers from there). Almost all of them originate from China, but there are plenty of listings which ships from Amazon (look for "Fulfilled by Amazon"), so you don't have to wait for customs and there are easy returns (just drop off at a UPS store) if those are your primary concerns. If your concern instead is avoiding ones manufactured by China, that would be a lot harder to do.

For example this vendor lists some:
Vendor - Kavanic Uberturbine style wheel cover for 18” Model 3 Aero Wheels

OEM style is $190:
https://www.amazon.com/KAVANIC-Support-Improvement-2020-2023-Replacement/dp/B0B9HX2XR2?th=1
Blade style is $210:
https://www.amazon.com/KAVANIC-Support-Improvement-2020-2023-Replacement/dp/B0BRNXT5LB?th=1

You can also search Amazon or look at related listings and there are other vendors and options that might be less expensive.

Reactions: RayzorEV
I was just making a joke, since Taiwan is basically China with a different name.
Not exactly, for almost every reason relevant to buying products from other countries, they are completely different:

In terms of tariffs (both import and export) it runs on a completely different set of rules than China does.

If your concern are labor rights, the minimum wage is more than twice that of China, they have much stronger protections in terms of holiday, max work hours/overtime etc, and universal healthcare (something even the US does not have).

If your concern is about ideology, Taiwan's government is a multiparty representative democracy modeled after the US (the ROC's founder was heavily influenced by America, having lived in the US for quite some time), while China's is decidedly not. They are also a long running ally of the US, while China had never been (in fact during the Korean war, troops from either side even have fought each other), and is currently poised to be the biggest rival of the US.

PS: in case this triggers anyone, none of the above relates to the question of sovereignty (for example similar arguments can apply to things made in Hong Kong, or for example when one prefers items made in a particular state).

Last edited:
Reactions: RayzorEV
Not exactly, for almost every reason relevant to buying products from other countries, they are completely different:

In terms of tariffs (both import and export) it runs on a completely different set of rules than China does.

If your concern are labor rights, the minimum wage is more than twice that of China, they have much stronger protections in terms of holiday, max work hours/overtime etc, and universal healthcare (something even the US does not have).

If your concern is about ideology, Taiwan's government is a multiparty representative democracy modeled after the US (the ROC's founder was heavily influenced by America, having lived in the US for quite some time), while China's is decidedly not. They are also a long running ally of the US, while China had never been (in fact during the Korean war, troops from either side even have fought each other), and is currently poised to be the biggest rival of the US.
All fair, however, in terms of the joke and the context before it, if someone wants something from the US and not from China, then Taiwan is viewed very similar to China in generalities for the majority of people who don’t know the nuances and differences.

Reactions: Yelobird