TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My MX 75D's VIN resolves to 90D

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ishak, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ishak

ishak Member

On Geico's website to add my new Model X 75 to my policy. I typed in the VIN issued on my MyTesla page and Geico's database resolves it to a 90D! I'm curious if 1) this is Tesla's or Geico's issue, and 2) will I be overpaying for insurance?

2. Three60guy

Three60guy Member

I discovered this too and was wondering the same thing. How do we solve this? I have a software limited 75kw limited to 70kw.

3. Three60guy

Three60guy Member

4. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

The battery size is not encoded in the VIN, so when an insurance company looks it up, it will display whatever description was entered into their DB. I think price paid is more important than battery size, and I'm sure they're collecting that info too.

5. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

I think you are right about the list price of the vehicle being the most important piece of information for the insurance company. When I contacted my insurer to get a quote on the MS ordered, and I did NOT have the VIN yet, the agent read me a list of the Tesla MS cars in their system. My variant (MS 60) was not one of the 5 or so variants they had in their system, and the rate differences between them were quite different. I wanted to know what the actual rate would be, not an estimate plus or minus $200 per year. After the agent talked with her supervisor, they quoted the rate based only on the purchase price of the vehicle.