Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

my MX stops abruptly exiting my garage quite often

jerseygirl18

jersey girl
Aug 21, 2019
Delray Bch/Chicago/Brklyn
this has me puzzled for a while now. Not sure why it is happening. SC suggested it was sensing possible challenge from garage door closing?? Another said if your raise off seat in R it will stop. Neither are not the issues i'm sure. I have a tight space i navigate from to exit..some bikes are carefully placed on the wall of the garage passenger side..i have to go slow to not clip off my side mirror....i slow down/maybe raise my foot off the pedal but really not sure that is a consistent practice....when i a.m. experiencing this issue whatever causes it..the car makes a jolted stop as if something ran behind it...which is not the case..pulling out sometimes this this can happen 3 / 4 times. The entry designation changes from my name to "Easy Entry" and i have to put in "R" again
ANY HELP would be MUCH appreciated
Thanks in Advance

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
If I don't buckle my seat belt, the car will put itself in Park when I move slowly in or out of my garage. It thinks I might get out of the car with the car moving by itself, or something like that. Are you buckled up?

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
It sounds like you are shifting your weight on the seat and it thinks you are getting out. (Are you twisting around to look out the back or are you using the rear view camera?)

Buckling your seat belt will likely eliminate the problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC