Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My "My Tesla" page on the Tesla site changed!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this is a Model 3 thread, I'm guessing a lot of you are new to Tesla.

Based on lots of empirical evidence, we've concluded that Tesla does not have a development, test, or staging web server.. and they modify their live web server on-the-fly. Many times in the past something on their website went live before it was tested and ready for "production", and then quickly taken down or reverted back. I assume this is no different.

Also, I'm not criticizing, as I often (but not always) do the same thing. :)

upload_2017-7-26_9-56-37.png

Based on lots of empirical evidence, we've concluded that Tesla does not have a development, test, or staging web server.. and they modify their live web server on-the-fly. Many times in the past something on their website went live before it was tested and ready for "production", and then quickly taken down or reverted back. I assume this is no different.

View attachment 237857

OMFG, it's been a long time since I spewed coffee out of my nose. Well done Hank!

RT

Reactions: HankLloydRight

Also, I'm not criticizing, as I often (but not always) do the same thing. :)

Tesla's site is kinda funny. I'm reading through the code right now (which hasn't been scrambled / compressed at all). Full of typos, comments, big commented-out blocks, etc. etc. Ex:

// D7-TODO: Do we still need this?
function checkPassEmailField(origin) {

// TO-DO: this is too entagled and not-unit testable
// Should be refactored to use the isValidPostalCode function above
function validatePostalCode(e,whichField,flow) {

// TESLA MODIFICATION: DON'T auto-init this script on every page
// if (typeof(BrowserDetect) === "undefined") {
// BrowserDetect.init();
// }

... etc. Definitely looks like they're doing development live.

Edit: weird that that TMC labels the link "Model S." If you hover over the link, you'll see it ends in m3.

Not weird. TMC just uses the <title> tag on the HTML page, and that's what the Tesla page says, since there is no "Model 3" design studio yet.

Also, not sure where you got that link, but it redirects to the Model S design studio:
Code:
https://www.tesla.com/models/design

And this link, if you try:
Code:
https://www.tesla.com/model3/design
it redirects to:

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/model3