Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My neighbors keep opening my charge port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My October 2014 S does not have the auto-closing charge door.
He was stating that he believed they fixed it in 2015 and I was saying that they started in late 2014. Like other updates from the same time frame, not every car got them but it was when the changeover was happening so some did and some didn't. Sounds like yours didn't wow mine did even tough it was made a month later.

Self closing charge door came with dual motors / AP1 refresh, IIRC.

Negative, my 2015 Model S w AP1 do not auto-close the charge port. There is not even a motor or anything to close it. It is held closed by a magnet. Opening the charge port consists of the magnet releasing it and letting a spring do the rest.

It also seems that the slightest moisture from the carwash will cause the magnet stick and not release the door to open. Have to tap on it in just the right place while signaling door unlock to get it open in that scenario.

Negative, my 2015 Model S w AP1 do not auto-close the charge port. There is not even a motor or anything to close it. It is held closed by a magnet. Opening the charge port consists of the magnet releasing it and letting a spring do the rest.

It also seems that the slightest moisture from the carwash will cause the magnet stick and not release the door to open. Have to tap on it in just the right place while signaling door unlock to get it open in that scenario.

You have single motor Model S?

I would be concerned about pranksters damaging the charging port or breaking the open door. Tesla should provide owners of early models a software option to disable charge port opening from the charge handle. If this was a vehicle setting, each owner could decide on the security level of their charging port. For me, locked means locked, so nothing is opened by others.

Reactions: StarLog