Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new added 10" sub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my standard sound system upgraded with a JL Audio XD300/1 amp and TW3 10" sub. I designed the (complicated) box, but the constuction of it and all the installation was done by Sound Station & Security in Raleigh. These guys did a great job. Looks factory (except I wanted to see the sub). Total cost $1100

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 718
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 578
The 8 ga power wire feeds directly from the 12v battery thru the driver side firewall and down that side to the trunk. The audio is sourced from the left rear speaker. There is a level knob (more or less sub bass) that I had installed on the drivers seat just ahead of the seat controls (it looks stock). The amp is encased in vented plexiglas and located in the far left trunk (where the mobile charger sits) and is unseen. In retrospect, I could have located the amp under the sub on the other side, but I was worried about ventilation.

I'm an audio engineer and to my ears, it sounds much better than the stock system, but not as smooth as the Studio system. I should have ordered the Studio package! Next time....

Thank you for the description. I have the studio package, so I'm wondering if the line output currently there for the sub can be tapped. Ventilation is my concern with the amps as well, might not be feasible to go dual subs with these AZ temperatures. Well, not if I want the amps hidden anyway.