Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new favorite tire dressing from Xtreme Solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a recent post, I talked about my new favorite spray sealant from Xtreme Solutions called PolySeal. I recently tried a tire dressing from the same company called Longevity and thought I would share my thoughts and pics.

In general, I prefer water-based tire dressings. I have used and liked VRP by Chemical Guys as well as the water-based dressing from Mckees 37.

Today, I tried Longevity by Xtreme Solutions and I absolutely love it:

Longevity.jpg

I like that is is quite thick and viscous so it doesn't run off your applicator or the tire as some runny, watery dressings tend to do. I love the look the dressing gives the tires. I applied one coat to each tire and the resulting finish was deep black with a semi-sheen. More shiny than a matte finish but not too shiny. And if you want more shine, you can add a second coat.

As with any tire dressing application, applying the dressing to a clean, dry tire is key. I first cleaned each tire using Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner. Here are a couple pics of the results:

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

I'll be curious to see how long the dressing lasts compared to the Chemical Guys VRP or the Mckees37 Tire Gel.

In a recent post, I talked about my new favorite spray sealant from Xtreme Solutions called PolySeal. I recently tried a tire dressing from the same company called Longevity and thought I would share my thoughts and pics.

In general, I prefer water-based tire dressings. I have used and liked VRP by Chemical Guys as well as the water-based dressing from Mckees 37.

Today, I tried Longevity by Xtreme Solutions and I absolutely love it:

View attachment 597246

I like that is is quite thick and viscous so it doesn't run off your applicator or the tire as some runny, watery dressings tend to do. I love the look the dressing gives the tires. I applied one coat to each tire and the resulting finish was deep black with a semi-sheen. More shiny than a matte finish but not too shiny. And if you want more shine, you can add a second coat.

As with any tire dressing application, applying the dressing to a clean, dry tire is key. I first cleaned each tire using Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner. Here are a couple pics of the results:

View attachment 597248

View attachment 597249

I'll be curious to see how long the dressing lasts compared to the Chemical Guys VRP or the Mckees37 Tire Gel.

if you have all 3 next time you wash you could put one on each wheel perhaps 2 coats of each. And keep a log on how they perform ? This is on my list to try ( just seen that have the black rally, solvent based). Hmm gloss and durability could be intriguing. If the longevity does well

How much does this company pay you?

LOL....nothing. I have tried so many detailing products and I hate how some of them are scams. So when I come across a company that actually delivers excellent products that perform extremely well and are reasonably priced, I want to share the word.

if you have all 3 next time you wash you could put one on each wheel perhaps 2 coats of each. And keep a log on how they perform ? This is on my list to try ( just seen that have the black rally, solvent based). Hmm gloss and durability could be intriguing. If the longevity does well

Great idea. What I can do is apply the other product or products to my wife's car and compare how they perform to the Longevity on mine. I looked both at the Black Rally and Longevity and chose Longevity because it is water based. Solvent based dressings do last longer, but they are a lot more likely to attract dirt and grime and over time, the tires will turn that ugly, disgusting brown. And then because they are solvent based, they are much harder to get clean than a tire treated with a water based dressing.