Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new Model 3 didn't come with a charging cable. Where can I charge it temporarily?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 was delivered today and I assumed that the charging cable would be somewhere in the boot or bonnet but I can't find it. Firstly am I right that all new Tesla's come with a standard cable?

Do any public charging points have their own charging cables and how do I locate them? Ideally I would like some charge for the next few days until I get my own cable.

My Model 3 was delivered today and I assumed that the charging cable would be somewhere in the boot or bonnet but I can't find it. Firstly am I right that all new Tesla's come with a standard cable?

I don’t know about your location but in the US, Tesla has stopped including a mobile connector so I have to buy my own.

Last edited:
You should have got both the Type 2 cable and the UMC.

As for your original question, DC rapid charging will include a charger cable and for AC look for Tesla destination chargers - others might too but pot luck.

3721CC51-1C15-45CB-987C-7CD22F98A16B.png
7E14ADFC-48E5-47AA-9BF7-1938DABB0414.png

Do any public charging points have their own charging cables and how do I locate them? Ideally I would like some charge for the next few days until I get my own cable.
did you look in the sub boot?

Reactions: a1psx

Mine were in the frunk.

Others receiving new cars said the same.

i got mine a week ago, granny charger in the frunk, blue charge cable in the lower boot floor.

I think it depends when you ordered? i.e if you ordered before or after April 2022?
All UK cars are currently still being advertised as being sold and supplied with both type2/type2 and UMC. See above post screenshots as of todays spec. If you don’t get both, then it’s a missing/overlooked part and Tesla should supply the missing items.

That’s a poor start!! Call your local Service Center and have them send you one ASAP! No excuse for leaving that out. I hope there’s another Tesla owner near who can step up in the meantime.
I'm trying to contact Tesla but I requested a call back and didn't get one. Then I tried staying on hold but it's been hours now without any luck. Is there any other way to contact Tesla? This really isn't a great start...

Have you raised a service request in the app? Mine was missing the usb stick. I raised SR and got a response same day. I chose to have it posted out to me.
Yes I raised one and I just noticed that I got a reply. They said that the cables were put in the Frunk and I just replied saying they're not there. Hopefully this will be sorted soon now.