Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My New Model X after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost two weeks ago I picked up my new model X in Obsidain black with sonic carbon wheels, cream seating and ashwood decor. I am delighted with the model X, the first brand new car I have ever purchased. Neither I, or my wife have found any problems with the fit and finish - beautiful throughout. While the new MCU which I waited an extra 3-months for delivery to get seems as responsive as my iPad Pro.

Autopilot I have found even better than I anticipated. So far it has proved 100% reliable on motorways and duel carriageways, although as to be expected requires very close attention if used on the narrow regular roads we have in the UK. In those cases I tend to just use the traffic aware cruise control which is still great saving having to repeatably move foot on and off pedals - slowing with traffic in front and stopping automatically behind at lights, etc. So I find the model X a dream to drive and love the falcon wing doors and being able to initiate air conditioning from my iphone to cool before getting in (there is a heatwave in the UK at present).

The only problem I have had is my iPhone X will not Bluetooth correctly with the car - it keeps on disconnecting. I have tried connecting my wife’s iPhone 6 and that is the same, so it is a problem Tesla will need to get fixed, unless anyone here has also experienced and found a solution. Lucky I am not in the habit of making phone calls while driving!

Here is picture of my new model X with my wife taken last week.

86A0C5AE-3554-4D4F-8933-65A1051CE813.jpg

I forgot to mention, it is incredible the reaction wherever I go. Several times I have had the thumbs up while driving past and frequently when parking get people come up and ask about the car. In the interval of a concert last week where I was playing, I had a crowd of people around asking to look inside the car and see the falcon wing doors open. Most people in my area seem to have never seen a Tesla before.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
She’s a beauty! Where about in UK are you, MX’s are like gold dust in the north I’ve seen one in the past 2 years and that was on M62 no doubt passing through lol

I’m glad to hear from someone who’s had a good delivery an no issues Ive been waiting a while for mine, get it in September and was starting to wonder if all MXs where lemons.

Your not wrong about this heat wave, never thought I’d say this but give me some rain, I’ve spent that past few days lasting 50meter length of steel armoured cable for my charger, routing through my loft which was 36degrees was hell.

With regards to iPhone.... I’m not blaming apple as I e heard a few people with the same issue as you but over the years I’ve heard tale after take of people suffering with iphones and many different car makes, I think it’s better now but apple Bluetooth doesn’t always play nice. I had an alpine system a while back had no issues with wife’s android by my iPhone was buggie and my current Nissan occasionally doesn’t work with my iPhone.

Either way I think there is an issue with MX and iPhonex as your not the first to say that but not seen a solution.

Question, what’s the new graphite trim like any pics?

Reactions: Jonathantuba
I am in Hampshire and the only other model X I have seen in the UK have been in London - Heathrow airport being a hot spot - I saw two in the car park there on one visit to meet a flight. Around where I live, have just seen a few model S. One of which is owned by the director of a band in which I play (from who I got referral code).

I like the sonic carbon wheels. Here is a picture.

5EB32452-2A00-4C95-9266-83DA64711A18.jpg

My wife is so taken with my new Tesla that she has pre-ordered a model 3 for when they arrive in the UK in 2019! ;)

Model X is still a very rare sight in the UK outside of London and probably other big cities. I think ours is the only one around Silverstone/Towcester, although I did see a black one parked up in Towcester the other day. There are a few around Milton Keynes too, but some of those are probably demo cars from the Tesla showroom.

Glad your enjoying the drive, ours has been great since we picked it up new in Feb. Now coming up to 7k miles and it just seems to get better all the time as I get used to all the unique features. Pre-setting the climate temp remotely is something I would struggle to live without now!

Reactions: P85_DA