Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

my new Model Y !!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hookah66

Supporting Member
Jan 20, 2023
Florida
I got my Model Y delivered on February 14 and so say the least I am quite exhilarated, compared to Mach-e it is a better EV specially from software and charging network perspective. However, Mach-e does have a better finish quality in cabin details and paint. The ride on the Model Y is quite interesting, it is firm but the rebound calibration is right on the money, i.e. even though Mach-e had a more supple ride it was extremely wobbly, it took shock well but it kept bouncing up and down uncontrollably and this got progressively worse as I approached 20K miles. The charging network was the worst nightmare on the Mach-e: the so called Ford's Blue Oval Charging Network is only a figment of imagination for it never existed! During road tripping the only reliable dcFC is that of Electrify America which is OK along the interstates. In Portland ME area it is non-existent. Other dcFC chargers are low kW i.e. evGo, Chargepoint+, FPL (Florida area), etc.. on the other hand charging at any of Tesla's SC is just "BORING" ....!!!

Attachments

• a frame(a3).jpg
    a frame(a3).jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 206
  • front(a5).jpg
    front(a5).jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 136
  • a frame(a2).jpg
    a frame(a2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
Picked up my MYLR (same as my Jan order and instead of the MYAWD that I substituted for that one) yesterday in Knoxville. Either I'm not as picky as others or I'm a very poor judge of quality, but my Y really looks very well put together. No gaps anywhere that I could see, lines were consistent, nothing improper anywhere in the paint, a close inspection of the interior didn't reveal any anomalies. After reading the horror stories of others and seeing their pictures, I was prepared for just about anything - and literally found nothing that gave me the slightest pause. Perhaps because the Knoxville store is smaller, I couldn't be happier with the service and patience of the staff there.

Picked up my MYLR (same as my Jan order and instead of the MYAWD that I substituted for that one) yesterday in Knoxville. Either I'm not as picky as others or I'm a very poor judge of quality, but my Y really looks very well put together. No gaps anywhere that I could see, lines were consistent, nothing improper anywhere in the paint, a close inspection of the interior didn't reveal any anomalies. After reading the horror stories of others and seeing their pictures, I was prepared for just about anything - and literally found nothing that gave me the slightest pause. Perhaps because the Knoxville store is smaller, I couldn't be happier with the service and patience of the staff there.
Hoping for the same experience tomorrow in Raleigh. Thanks. This shouldn't be so nerve wracking; really.

Reactions: WNC-MY