Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new Plaid w/PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up this beauty on 12/18 and just had Paint correction, full PPF, Ceramic coat and window tint by Alset Auto here in Dallas!! Cris from Alset also add tint PPF to the headlights, fog lights and taillights!!

Vehicle is protected and ready to go!

Thanks Cris!

Attachments

• 2D54B556-87CB-4E72-9F21-2C7DA9F706E9.jpeg
    2D54B556-87CB-4E72-9F21-2C7DA9F706E9.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 2FC88CA8-4823-41EE-830F-87314EE7733C.jpeg
    2FC88CA8-4823-41EE-830F-87314EE7733C.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 17EC9908-7065-4F86-A07E-6A4C963BFC97.jpeg
    17EC9908-7065-4F86-A07E-6A4C963BFC97.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 8FEA994A-C0C0-4B4A-BB4A-DF423B2848EF.jpeg
    8FEA994A-C0C0-4B4A-BB4A-DF423B2848EF.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 171
Congrats on your new car.

I know some like the appearance of the tinted headlights, but I do have to admit that I always have to question the logic of that. You already see enough posts about people complaining about how substandard they consider the model S headlights to be compared to HID version on the earlier MS or on other vehicles. Just always make me question a bit the logic of putting a dark tint on the headlights, further reducing their functionality. Same logic with tinting the front windshield.

Not trying to criticize the OP, but just can't help making the observation seeing this point shortly after having read another new post within the past day about someone trying to figure out how to replace their headlights with the older HID version for better visibility.

Congrats on your new car.

I know some like the appearance of the tinted headlights, but I do have to admit that I always have to question the logic of that. You already see enough posts about people complaining about how substandard they consider the model S headlights to be compared to HID version on the earlier MS or on other vehicles. Just always make me question a bit the logic of putting a dark tint on the headlights, further reducing their functionality. Same logic with tinting the front windshield.

Not trying to criticize the OP, but just can't help making the observation seeing this point shortly after having read another new post within the past day about someone trying to figure out how to replace their headlights with the older HID version for better visibility.
No offense to you questioning the logic but some like the appearance.

As to the light reduction, I haven’t driven at night yet and I raised the concern myself. The good thing it’s not permanent and people can just remove if they are unhappy.

Reactions: Flyguy
No offense to you questioning the logic but some like the appearance.

As to the light reduction, I haven’t driven at night yet and I raised the concern myself. The good thing it’s not permanent and people can just remove if they are unhappy.
I love it! I've been wanting to do the same thing on mine... but I am also worried for the reduced brightness at night. Can you let us know if you noticed any huge difference? Also, what percentage tint is that on both the front and rear lights?

Alset did a great job for me back in September on my new Plaid.
In case you missed it I posted these two videos. One on delivery day where I dropped it off at Alset in Portland, Oregon. And the more extensive one at pick up featuring some clips they provided me that they took during the actual installation of the film.

Tesla Model S PLAID Delivery Day!

Tesla Model S Plaid - Paint Protection

Picked up this beauty on 12/18 and just had Paint correction, full PPF, Ceramic coat and window tint by Alset Auto here in Dallas!! Cris from Alset also add tint PPF to the headlights, fog lights and taillights!!

Vehicle is protected and ready to go!

Thanks Cris!
@Dave5147, you and I may have been right next to each other! I picked mine up on 12/18 too... Tesla Plano Gallery? I also did ceramic, thanks to Sebastian at https://swautoshield.com/ in Carrollton. He's done all four of my Teslas.

Attachments

• IMG_0572c.jpg
    IMG_0572c.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0571c.jpg
    IMG_0571c.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 111