Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new teething puppy damaged the perforated rear seat! Suggestions on repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 13 week old puppy Milo (photo attached) managed to teethe on the backseat of my 2021 S LR (photo attached). Sh*t happens, and we will protect the seats going forward of course, but what’s the best approach to repair? I hear that Tesla will only replace the entire back seat (?) which is in the thousands. I’d be OK with a repair that looks damn good even if it’s not perfect and keeps the damage won’t get worse. Unfortunately it’s on the perforated part of the seat. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Attachments

• 3E332B8C-A175-490F-8B34-E12920BDACE3.jpeg
    3E332B8C-A175-490F-8B34-E12920BDACE3.jpeg
    947.9 KB · Views: 156
  • B51334AC-D098-49CA-AAF1-504840A6F9D1.jpeg
    B51334AC-D098-49CA-AAF1-504840A6F9D1.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Gorgeous puppy.

I wonder if he even chewed the seats. Because if he did I think it would be much worse. Bouncing up and down with their claws might do that. I already have seat covers on the back. And plan on putting our small Shelties way in the back most of the time. I have in every SUV and hatch back.

When you get them repaired you might ask for solid leather.

BTW, I bought the Tesla Rear Seat hammock for Dogs. It is too lightweight to stay put, so the ends bunch up exposing the outside edges of the seat. Can't recommend.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Upholstery repair may be the best bet but i will open a service ticket to see what they say. Thanks for the info on the Tesla Rear Seat Hammock, will look at others. If anyone has any recommendations would love to check them out.

As a data point - I had a small tear on perforated vented front seat - Tesla insisted on putting in a new seat for 4k - was messed up bc car under warranty and no abuse or anything, was just poor quality. Repaired by third party with stronger materials that match perfectly for 350

As a data point - I had a small tear on perforated vented front seat - Tesla insisted on putting in a new seat for 4k - was messed up bc car under warranty and no abuse or anything, was just poor quality. Repaired by third party with stronger materials that match perfectly for 350
Did you go to a shop that specializes in auto upholstery or a regular body shop?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Upholstery repair may be the best bet but i will open a service ticket to see what they say. Thanks for the info on the Tesla Rear Seat Hammock, will look at others. If anyone has any recommendations would love to check them out.

I’ve been using an Orvis dog hammock for a few years in our Model 3. It’s pretty sturdy with a grippy rubber surface that contacts the seats so it doesn’t slide and bunch up.

Currently out of stock online - perhaps they can be found in one of their stores.

Big Earl, that Orvis hammock is what I am using in my car. Mine is the XL from my previous huge rear seat Audi A8. It is too big, but it doesn't go anywhere. I am sure the Large size is a better fit. I am using the Tesla door protectors. Colors do not match, but I now have Full coverage. 😀

Reactions: Big Earl
Hello, I also have a bad tear / hole in the perforated fabric of the upper partt of the 3rd row seat of my Tesla Model X P100D from December 2018 with the Ultra white premium ventilated seats.

Tesla only wants to sell me the entire new 3rd seats.

I went to several auto upholstery shops and they can easily repair the damage, but the problem is that nobody knows where to buy the white perforated PU leather that matches the fabric of Tesla.

I know the material Tesla uses is made by Ultrafabrics Inc., but they can not help me where I can get hold of the fabric me and tell me to go to Tesla.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the white perforated fabric? Your help would be highly appreciated!!

Kind regards from The Netherlands,

Martijn