Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new teething puppy damaged the perforated rear seat! Suggestions on repair?

My new 13 week old puppy Milo (photo attached) managed to teethe on the backseat of my 2021 S LR (photo attached). Sh*t happens, and we will protect the seats going forward of course, but what’s the best approach to repair? I hear that Tesla will only replace the entire back seat (?) which is in the thousands. I’d be OK with a repair that looks damn good even if it’s not perfect and keeps the damage won’t get worse. Unfortunately it’s on the perforated part of the seat. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Attachments

• 3E332B8C-A175-490F-8B34-E12920BDACE3.jpeg
    3E332B8C-A175-490F-8B34-E12920BDACE3.jpeg
    947.9 KB · Views: 86
  • B51334AC-D098-49CA-AAF1-504840A6F9D1.jpeg
    B51334AC-D098-49CA-AAF1-504840A6F9D1.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
Gorgeous puppy.

I wonder if he even chewed the seats. Because if he did I think it would be much worse. Bouncing up and down with their claws might do that. I already have seat covers on the back. And plan on putting our small Shelties way in the back most of the time. I have in every SUV and hatch back.

When you get them repaired you might ask for solid leather.

BTW, I bought the Tesla Rear Seat hammock for Dogs. It is too lightweight to stay put, so the ends bunch up exposing the outside edges of the seat. Can't recommend.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Upholstery repair may be the best bet but i will open a service ticket to see what they say. Thanks for the info on the Tesla Rear Seat Hammock, will look at others. If anyone has any recommendations would love to check them out.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
As a data point - I had a small tear on perforated vented front seat - Tesla insisted on putting in a new seat for 4k - was messed up bc car under warranty and no abuse or anything, was just poor quality. Repaired by third party with stronger materials that match perfectly for 350

As a data point - I had a small tear on perforated vented front seat - Tesla insisted on putting in a new seat for 4k - was messed up bc car under warranty and no abuse or anything, was just poor quality. Repaired by third party with stronger materials that match perfectly for 350
Did you go to a shop that specializes in auto upholstery or a regular body shop?

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Upholstery repair may be the best bet but i will open a service ticket to see what they say. Thanks for the info on the Tesla Rear Seat Hammock, will look at others. If anyone has any recommendations would love to check them out.

I’ve been using an Orvis dog hammock for a few years in our Model 3. It’s pretty sturdy with a grippy rubber surface that contacts the seats so it doesn’t slide and bunch up.

Currently out of stock online - perhaps they can be found in one of their stores.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC