Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My New (to me) MX 90D! :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meet Deanna Troi from the Starship Enterprise!!!
😁
She has the psionic ability to sense emotions and can fully autopilot herself anywhere in the galaxy
😍
LOL!

I finally took delivery on Friday. Thank you guys for all the advice and answering all my questions; I have a ton more and will post them soon. For now I'm trying to figure out stuff and I'm finding every excuse in the book to go drive it!

Cheers,

Jose

Attachments

• jb_tesla_001.jpg
    jb_tesla_001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 91
  • jb_tesla_002.jpg
    jb_tesla_002.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 86
  • jb_tesla_008.jpg
    jb_tesla_008.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
Meet Deanna Troi from the Starship Enterprise!!!
😁
She has the psionic ability to sense emotions and can fully autopilot herself anywhere in the galaxy
😍
LOL!

I finally took delivery on Friday. Thank you guys for all the advice and answering all my questions; I have a ton more and will post them soon. For now I'm trying to figure out stuff and I'm finding every excuse in the book to go drive it!

Cheers,

Jose
Wow! It's a beauty! Congrats Jose. You're going to love it. And that smile on your face - it'll be there a LONG time.

Read some other threads/posts. You will see that anyone that has done it, has not regretted it. Even those of us that had to pay $2500 with it was that high. I costed the value of it out months ago. I estimated it to be worth more than $4,000 so even $2500 would be a bargain. Its a "steal" at $1500.

I just made an appointment for Saturday! :cool:
Congrats Baxterdown!

Upgraded my (new to me, bought directly from Tesla) 2017 X100D to MCU2 a couple weeks ago. It kinda snowballed while they were awaiting MCU2 (and FSD) parts. I had them check out the shuddering. Eventually, the following items were addressed:
1) MCU2 Upgrade
2) FSD computer install
3) Front half shafts replaced (shudderring)
4) Front drive unit replaced (SC found oil leak in front drive unit)
5) Front right parking sensor replaced (false alarms when turning right)

#1-2 (and seems like even #3) are optional, but #4-5 were discovered after driving the car probably 400 miles.

If you have the shuddering, you may want to leverage that as an excuse for the SC to QC the drive quality. Definitely don't have faith in Tesla's 85-point (or however many points) pre-sale inspection.

Also, may want to price extended warranties. My plan was to wait until the Tesla used warranty expired and then take a look at X-care, but as I forecasted when my Tesla warranty expires (Sep 2022) with projected miles then, it's actually cheaper (and I get a longer warranty) if I purchase sooner rather than waiting until a year from now (looking at the 6 year 75K miles extension). You seem like a very deliberate consumer (like myself), so you've probably already taken a look at the tradeoffs to see if it's a fit for you.

Good luck!

Reactions: Akikiki
Thanks @MikeScarne, I have a few items myself and already have a mobile appointment (feel so weird to say that!) next week to address them:
  • Shudder
  • Passenger door hard to close, lots of "resistance" from the door. I pretty much have to push hard for it to close.
  • Rattling noise coming from driver's side sunshade area
  • Cracking noise coming from passenger's side FWD area
  • There's a loose wire harness dangling from behind driver's seat (I don't want someone to yank it inadvertently when they seat behind me)
  • Dashcam keeps disabling itself
  • All the hinge areas around the car (doors, frunk, trunk, FWD) look like the car was driven through a desert. They are covered in brown dust. A couple even have cobwebs. Evidently whoever cleaned this car before delivery did a poor job detailing it.
I have a separate appointment this Saturday for MCU2 upgrade :)

I had not started looking at an extended warranty yet. You have a point! I'll look around, but for some reason EWs in Florida are outrageously expensive. I'm on your same time schedule, my Tesla warranty expires in Sept. 2022.

Jose

Reactions: MikeScarne
Thanks @MikeScarne, I have a few items myself and already have a mobile appointment (feel so weird to say that!) next week to address them:
  • Shudder
  • Passenger door hard to close, lots of "resistance" from the door. I pretty much have to push hard for it to close.
  • There's a loose wire harness dangling from behind driver's seat (I don't want someone to yank it inadvertently when they seat behind me)
  • All the hinge areas around the car (doors, frunk, trunk, FWD) look like the car was driven through a desert. They are covered in brown dust. A couple even have cobwebs. Evidently whoever cleaned this car before delivery did a poor job detailing it.

I had not started looking at an extended warranty yet. You have a point! I'll look around, but for some reason EWs in Florida are outrageously expensive. I'm on your same time schedule, my Tesla warranty expires in Sept. 2022.

Jose
Mobile service? Excellent! They no longer send mobile service to my house since they opened a SC 1.5 hrs away, which stinks (1st world probs).

FWIW, I just pulled the trigger on a 6 year/75k mile extended warranty. It's ~$5K, and I'm normally not an extended warranty kind of guy, but with Tesla, yikes!

Note: X-care doesn't cover battery/drivetrain (mine is good until 2025).

• Shudder

I had not started looking at an extended warranty yet. You have a point! I'll look around, but for some reason EWs in Florida are outrageously expensive. I'm on your same time schedule, my Tesla warranty expires in Sept. 2022
Hey @Baxterdown, Brent here with XCare. Happy to run some scenarios for coverage. No hassle, just info. Text/email me and we'll set up a call. 630-849-4233. [email protected]