Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new X drivers door keeps opening randomly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I apologize if this is already somewhere on the forum. I own two 2022 Model X LR and both are randomly opening the drivers door. One is in the US and the other is in Canada but my family is experiencing the same issue with both.

We drive into our home garage, close the car up (all doors are closed). Then an hour later we'll get a message on the app saying the drivers door is open. So we go and close it. Then sometimes an hour later it happens again, or sometimes it won't happen again for a day. It's very random and we aren't sure what is causing this issue.

We are nowhere near the car when it occurs. We had an earlier X that did the same thing until a software update cured it.

Any ideas on what is causing the drivers door to present itself randomly (to nobody)?

Hi I apologize if this is already somewhere on the forum. I own two 2022 Model X LR and both are randomly opening the drivers door. One is in the US and the other is in Canada but my family is experiencing the same issue with both.

We drive into our home garage, close the car up (all doors are closed). Then an hour later we'll get a message on the app saying the drivers door is open. So we go and close it. Then sometimes an hour later it happens again, or sometimes it won't happen again for a day. It's very random and we aren't sure what is causing this issue.

We are nowhere near the car when it occurs. We had an earlier X that did the same thing until a software update cured it.

Any ideas on what is causing the drivers door to present itself randomly (to nobody)?
Two possibilities that may, or may not apply. If your phone is setup as a key, or if you have a FOB, do you walk near or keep keep either of those anywhere near the car? For instance if you park near a door or wall do you occasionally walk near enough to trigger the auto opening door? Also, do you hang your FOB near where you walk in the house? If you have auto opening doors setup you might experiment with turning that feature off to see if that stops the problem.

Good luck with what sounds like a frustrating issue.

Two possibilities that may, or may not apply. If your phone is setup as a key, or if you have a FOB, do you walk near or keep keep either of those anywhere near the car? For instance if you park near a door or wall do you occasionally walk near enough to trigger the auto opening door? Also, do you hang your FOB near where you walk in the house? If you have auto opening doors setup you might experiment with turning that feature off to see if that stops the problem.

Good luck with what sounds like a frustrating issue.
Hi and thanks! The garage wall is solid concrete but I do walk past it, however I don't have my phone set up as a key because I kept getting that tesla bluetooth notification whenever I'd turn off bluetooth. So I don't use it as a key as I don't want that constant notification every time I go into airplane mode.

Hi and thanks! The garage wall is solid concrete but I do walk past it, however I don't have my phone set up as a key because I kept getting that tesla bluetooth notification whenever I'd turn off bluetooth. So I don't use it as a key as I don't want that constant notification every time I go into airplane mode.
The driver side door on my new (3/28/2022) Model X would occasionally be found slightly open in the garage. The problem seems to have disappeared and I thought perhaps it was the FOB in my pocket may have been pressed. Passenger window would sometime be partially open, but that problem also seems to have disappeared. Good luck with your problem.

I had this problem in 2017 or 2018, and it was a firmware bug. Door would open shortly after I walked away even though it should have been locked by my walking away. I still try to remember to turn off the A/C every time I stop so that it won't run all night while plugged in to the charger as it once did then.