Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My one month update posted on Facebook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else think their friends think they are too obsessed with their new car? I decided to just post my update on Facebook:

"It's been more than a month since I bought my Tesla model 3. Most of you who know me know how much I love electric cars and I was looking forward to getting this car for a long time. Several people have asked me how it’s holding up so I thought I would post an update. In the five weeks since I brought it home I can honestly say that this car has exceeded all my expectations. I explained to a friend that it’s like the feeling you get when you leave the office for a vacation. I feel that way at the end of every day when I get into my car. It’s not just the sports car handling. The instant torque is shocking and addictive. The car just instantly goes where and how fast you want. I don’t tend to go much faster in this then I did in my Prius but the difference is that if I want to go from 20 to 70, the car never sees 30, 40, 50, or 60. It’s not just the electric features that make the difference. Much of the technology (my phone is the key and the car starts and stops automatically without any buttons, the over the air updates, the minimalism of the interior, the visualization of the surrounding cars) could be implemented by legacy dealers but they just aren’t up to speed. Combine that with the fact that when I bought it I didn’t have to waste any time at a dealership, the car has the best stereo I’ve ever heard, the fact that it’s the single safest car on the road, the one pedal driving, the incredibly comfortable seats, the panoramic glass roof and the fact that I never have to even think about refueling (I start every day with a full charge). It just amazes me. Plus, I have had two updates in the month that added new features (including Neflix and Youtube) and made the car drive better. This was done over the air and for free. A third update is expected in the next few weeks that will add a little more acceleration (the car already does 0 to 60 in 4 seconds), some extra range and some other improvements.

There are a bunch of other things I love about this car but I don’t want the post to be too long.
The bottom line is I smile every time I get in it, every time I pass a gas station and every time I’m the first car when the light turns green."

Love your post. Make me anxious to get my delivery date. However I don’t know that I would call it the “single safest car on the road”. Yes it got the highest ratings, however Elon himself has been getting verbally punched in the face by the government for saying the same thing. Fact is it’s a very very safe car, but plenty of other vehicles have scored just as well. Don’t get me wrong, I talk about the safety of the M3 all the time.

Thank you for your post. Especially in this forum with people expressing anxiety and frustration with Tesla ordering. It’s important to remember that there’s a pot of gold waiting.
No problem. I’ve been waiting for 4 weeks now. Some people have been waiting longer. For me it’s not really an issue. I’m trading my car to Tesla so I do t have to worry about not having a vehicle while I wait. Also I’m using the additional time to increase my down payment. I do hope to take possession before the end of the year of course because of the tax implications, but honestly this isn’t a show stopper either. I know some people are in a tighter bind with cars sold or leases running out. Frankly I’m just happy to have it on order.

Reactions: JenniferH
my post would go something like this..

"In the month since i purchased my vehicle, I have patiently waited, and waited, and waited, but Tesla has sent no updates, and no sign that a car is coming to me, still I will wait and hand over my cash whenever the company deems me worthy of one of their vehicles"

my post would go something like this..

"In the month since i purchased my vehicle, I have patiently waited, and waited, and waited, but Tesla has sent no updates, and no sign that a car is coming to me, still I will wait and hand over my cash whenever the company deems me worthy of one of their vehicles"
Or they will give you your vehicle when they make it....... man don’t be so melodramatic

Reactions: Amyshubby
Love your post. Make me anxious to get my delivery date. However I don’t know that I would call it the “single safest car on the road”. Yes it got the highest ratings, however Elon himself has been getting verbally punched in the face by the government for saying the same thing. Fact is it’s a very very safe car, but plenty of other vehicles have scored just as well. Don’t get me wrong, I talk about the safety of the M3 all the time.

My understanding (and people on this board probably have more knowledge on the subject) was that the model 3 got top scores across the board and (in total) outscored every car ever tested but the agency doing the testing doesn't rank vehicles which is why they didn't want Elon Musk saying the 3 was determined the safest.