Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My order and delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a blue/black MYP non pup FSD on March 28.

March 30 Tesla texted and had a car that could be ready for delivery later that week after it arrives from CA.

Looked at blue model 3’s at the dealership on March 30th and decided I really wanted a red (I was trading my red/white model 3).

Updated my order to red on 3/31.

Took delivery today 4/23. Car was shipped from the Fremont plant. 12 miles on the odometer and a vin of 0020xx

The order and delivery experience was generally good with decent communication.

It certainly helped that I owned (I did a trade) a model 3 and knew how everything worked already and also knew what to expect order and delivery wise.

The car was clean and ready on time and was a “touchless delivery” at the Tesla dealer in superior Colorado. A few minor fit and finish issues around the rear tailgate and tail lights but the paint looks good.

I've noticed that people with aspirations for the performance models are getting vehicles in less than a month. Did you contact anyone about existing inventory? I'd be willing to take something off the lot if I can get it in less than 30 days.

Cheers!

(Also in Colorado)

Guess I should read more.. lol. I'm about 10 blocks from you and twiddling my thumbs waiting on a Pearl white MYP.

Hello, my configuration is Black/Black/LR/AWD/FSD/20" wheels. I've not seen any Model Y in person here in Colorado. I think I have a long wait for mine as the Black exterior seems to be the last one in Tesla production line. Would you be willing I meet you somewhere to see what Model Y looks like in person? I would very much appreciate it. I live the Thornton area here in Colorado.

Hello, my configuration is Black/Black/LR/AWD/FSD/20" wheels. I've not seen any Model Y in person here in Colorado. I think I have a long wait for mine as the Black exterior seems to be the last one in Tesla production line. Would you be willing I meet you somewhere to see what Model Y looks like in person? I would very much appreciate it. I live the Thornton area here in Colorado.
There's a MSM/Black/LR/AWD/20" one sitting at the Superior Tesla constantly. I've seen it there for 2-3 weeks now. It's towards the back of the parking lot.

Reactions: Cmos2000
There's a MSM/Black/LR/AWD/20" one sitting at the Superior Tesla constantly. I've seen it there for 2-3 weeks now. It's towards the back of the parking lot.

Great. Thank you so much for the info. I'll stop by there tomorrow. My delivery center is going to be the Littleton (Broadway) center. I'll ask them at the Superior center if the one you're referring to is awaiting delivery or if it's available to anyone. MNS is my 2nd color option. If this particular one is available I may just take it :). Thanks again for the info.

Reactions: K72V426

I just called the Superior location and I was informed that the Model Y you referred to is a 'Returned' vehicle that has a Title issue because of something with the VIN. The Tesla rep says that it takes about 6 weeks to resolve title issues, for the reason they can't offer the vehicle for sale. With the Tesla factory re-opening next week I'm guessing I could have my Model Y (hopefully) soon. Thank for the info.

Reactions: K72V426