Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My order has entered the EDD dance phase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was placed back in Oct for a MYLR 7 seat, white/white with the Gemini wheels. EDD has held at Feb 24 - March 24 until today. Now it says March 17-31, a very specific 2 week window. I wonder if this EDD will hold or will it move about like so many other orders have done.

Sorry I didn't understand, could u pls elaborate
If your EDD window goes across end of quarter (i.e., end of March, June, Sept, or Dec) Tesla tends to set the end of EDD to end of the quarter date instead of just straddling two quarters. This is not a steadfast rule though. Many of my EDDs went from Dec to Jan. But many others have seen it ending at the end of the quarter. Given that the OP is in Northern California, it is quite possible the Y will be delivered during end of quarter push (if Tesla is still doing that). Or may slip into April (like mine did from Dec to Jan). With Teslas and EDDs no one knows for sure including Tesla.

Reactions: Tesraki
If your EDD window goes across end of quarter (i.e., end of March, June, Sept, or Dec) Tesla tends to set the end of EDD to end of the quarter date instead of just straddling two quarters. This is not a steadfast rule though. Many of my EDDs went from Dec to Jan. But many others have seen it ending at the end of the quarter. Given that the OP is in Northern California, it is quite possible the Y will be delivered during end of quarter push (if Tesla is still doing that). Or may slip into April (like mine did from Dec to Jan). With Teslas and EDDs no one knows for sure including Tesla.
This is spot on, and it happened to me.

I live in the Bay Area and had delivery dates for the end of December, which seemed logical for the end of quarter rush as I'm a local delivery. In the last few days of the year the EDD was pushed back to January. Now after multiple moves my EDD extends into March, which I'm afraid is setting me up for a further push to the end of March as a "standby" for the Q1 end of quarter rush. It is very frustrating.

Thanks guys. I need a car by Feb 1st week. Someone was selling their Y in PA but with white interior - can't do that with a dog. Used Y's are ridiculously priced over new ones. Saw a YP at a local dealer 2021 with 5k miles for $72k with no FSD....

Thanks guys. I need a car by Feb 1st week. Someone was selling their Y in PA but with white interior - can't do that with a dog. Used Y's are ridiculously priced over new ones. Saw a YP at a local dealer 2021 with 5k miles for $72k with no FSD....
If you can't wait, watch out for existing inventory that pops up on Discord. They go fast so you will need to be quick on it. I attached a link to the Discord Join the Tesla Inventory Discord Server!

Thanks so much for your help bud. I just joined. Is there a way to see on discord inventory for specific states or done keep scrolling everything to check NJ, PA etc..
It will show the location of the car when it pops up. You will have to pay a delivery fee of $500-$2000 depending on how far away you are. Like that last MYP was in Knoxville, TN so would have prob cost you $500

Same here:
2022 Model Y-LR - 7 Seat Blue/Black, 19" Gemini, No Tow, No FSD.
Ordered Sept 2021
EDD:
Feb2022,
Jan 14-Feb 15 2022,
Dec22-Dec31 2021
Jan13-Feb10 2022,
Jan24 - Feb3 2022,
Jan27-Feb24 2022
Jan27-Feb3 2022,
Feb10-Mar10.
No Holds. No Trades.

I'm not worried and only slightly annoyed that I ordered new car seats for my kids when I hit a sub-10day window and now have to store them away for an additional 2-4 weeks.
Whatever, this car is going to be SICK and I'm excited to drive it whenever it might arrive! It will happen when it happens. 🤙