TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My original passenger tailight has condenstation. Needs to be replaced.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by steven415, Aug 16, 2018.

1. steven415

steven415 Member

Hey all,

Just FYI for us obsessive model 3 owners.

Owned my car since May. It was Built in May. Vin in 16Ks

My driver taillight was replaced within 1 month due to condensation build up problems. Easy 20 minute fix.
    Today 4 months later, my passenger taillight has the same problem and it will be replaced. This time I was offered mobile service.

Just wanted to let people know that if you get this issue, make sure you call it in so they order the part instead of making a trip to a service center without the part.

That is all, hope it helps and hopefully my new taillights don't have anymore issues!.

2. dendenyc

dendenyc Member

When I went to pickup my car last month my driver side had condencentation and my passenger side was kinda murky. Had them replace both the same day. The problem still exists VIN 26XXX

3. Wubbles

Wubbles Member

My AWD Model 3 (545XX) has the same issue with driver side tail light condensation. It's at the service center getting replaced today.

4. bpjod

bpjod Member

My driver's side taillight had condensation too, replaced by Ranger Service (VIN 29xxx). Disappointed to hear that a light that was previously good has gone on to develop the problem too.

5. dendenyc

dendenyc Member

If you search the forums the difference between the original tails and the updated ones are a tiny hole drilled into corner the clear plastic which allows the light to breath. I checked both my updated taillights and they have tiny holes.

6. Zirak

Zirak Member

Would you have a photo that helps show these holes? Trying to see if mine has them as well.

7. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Had this same issue with a Corvette and a Lexus.

Believe the tiny hole will solve the issue.

8. steven415

steven415 Member

All the condensation on my passenger side taillight is now gone, but I have a ranger set to come out next Thursday. Funny how my car was sitting outside in the heat yesterday and the light condensed. Now after a foggy day, it's all gone...