Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My overly-paranoid roadtrip charging setup - should I grab anything else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It depends on where you are going. As another poster said, you're never very far from a SC. I spent 10 days at my condo in Myrtle Beach without anywhere to plug in because it's a high rise. I used the Supercharger at the Grand Coastal mall while I was there. In fairness, I researched that beforehand so I knew my 'destination' charge options.

OP….if all or most of this range paranoia centers around an annual ski trip why don’t you simply rent a fossil fuel vehicle that meets your needs for the trip? Would save a lot of aggravation, worry and buying all the adaptors that will probably never get used.

OP….if all or most of this range paranoia centers around an annual ski trip why don’t you simply rent a fossil fuel vehicle that meets your needs for the trip? Would save a lot of aggravation, worry and buying all the adaptors that will probably never get used.
Where's the fun in that though. I can see the point of getting the adapters, we make a relatively regular trip to some friends in the middle of a charging desert, so we supercharge where we can on the way out there, then rely on 5-15 and 5-20 plugs. It's seriously slow to charge but makes the whole trip so much more enjoyable doing it in the Tesla. Some days get spent beside the pool drinking, or watching the stars drinking, or fish drinking.
Fun times had by all :D
Even better they now have a 30amp J1772

We still have a Sienna as our other vehicle, but I'd much rather drive the tesla. I think it'll be fine - I didn't realize I was going to get so much pushback making this thread!