Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Own Little Tesla Service Gripe....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall, I am a huge Tesla fan. I love my P3D. Up until now, I have had positive experiences with Tesla service. But I have to vent and share my own Tesla service gripe.

About a week ago, I discovered that the plug (aka wand) part of my home wall connector was damaged. I decided that I would replace the damaged plug with a new one. So first I called my local service center during normal business hours. I was put through to voice mail. I left a message and, as of today, I have not received a call back. So then I went to the chat function on the Tesla website. The good news is that I did get through to Tesla chat support fairly quickly. But when I described the issue, since I was calling about the Wall Connector I purchased through the online Tesla store, the rep told me that I had to email the tesla online store and ask about how to get the plug repaired or replaced. I promptly did this and, as of today, still no reply from the Tesla online store.

A fellow member of this forum, #iluvmacs, gave me a link to a third-party vendor that sells the plug and 24ft cable. I emailed the sales department of this third party vendor and, ironically enough, I got a reply from this vendor just a couple hours later. So Tesla cannot reply to a voice message or an email for days, and yet a smaller third party vendor can reply in 2 hours? Very frustrating.

I plan on replacing the plug and cable and also I plan to have a Nema 14-50 outlet installed next to the Wall Connector as a backup in case the Wall Connector becomes inoperable for any reason in the future.

I love Tesla, but man do they need to up their game when it comes to service.

Reactions: Kleenerth3 and KenC
Good news, I was contacted by a home wall connector installation manager and they are seeing if my damaged connector plug/wand can be covered by the warranty. I am hoping that Tesla service will come through for me. Just wanted to give Tesla props for following up with me.
Hey, it only took a few days... ? Really?!?
I agree with you that they need to step up their game, a ton. The day I ordered my 3 I also ordered a HPWC online at the Tesla Shop. 3 weeks after I got the car I had to go to the Service Ctr and buy one there. The only thing I ever heard from the Shop was after I cancelled my order. They did acknowledge my stopped order, 5 weeks later. o_O
I'll give them a hearty congrats, now make a few days a few hours and they'll have gotten up to speed with other online sites.
Then I might try to shop there again... :)

Reactions: joebruin77
Some more good news. Tesla will be sending me a brand new wall connector. I was surprised because I just assumed they could replace just the cable and wand/plug. But I will be receiving a whole new unit at no cost since it was under warranty. Again, I want to give Tesla public props for coming through.

Reactions: Kleenerth3