Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My P85D depreciated even before delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jasperw

Apr 9, 2015
HK
Hi all,

Anyone noticed that the options price has been changed? I found that tech pack is now 19400 (was 33000), panoramic roof is now only HKD 11600 (was 19400), etc. Though some options price goes up e.g. wood decor. This made my car total price depreciate from HKD 969200 to 956700! Have no idea how this price adjustment could boost up the sales or profit but this definitely upset those older customers who have already been upset by the long waiting time :/

Tech package has been split into two now:
Auto-Pilot Convenience Features
Premium Features

Things like the automatic tailgate are in Premium (used to be in tech).

So, you actually should do better if you got your order in before the price increase earlier this week.

P.S. I'm told (but you better confirm with Tesla) that if you haven't taken delivery, you can switch to new pricing model. But, you have to switch _all_ options to new model (for example can't take 'tech package' from old pricing and 'pano roof' from new pricing).

My 60 is just become obsolete model even though I haven't go the car!
It's a tragedy every time Elon Musk announces any new update!

I don't know how far away your delivery is but I suggest you talk to Tesla if you really think 70D is a better choice for you. There could be a queue of potential buyers (I was one of those last October, decided to pick up a 85 rather than wait 9 months for a 85D) who don't mind to grab a 60 with super short delivery.

Hi There - Is there a way to get a 85 or 85D (pre-owned or new) in Hong Kong without having to wait for 6 months?

I don't know about 2nd hand market (Tesla hasn't started their own CPO certified pre-owned yet), have your test drive then talk to the "owner adviser" they'll know if there are existing customers who may like to give up their existing orders and upgrade to latest models (e.g. 70D, P85D).

I did exactly that so I just waited for the shipping from US factory.

Were you guys able to change your order? I was contacted by Tesla. I guess I will have to stick with my old options and won't get a ~30k discount by going to the new price book. I guess dark blue with next gen rear seats will be rare.

Basically this will happen if I go to the new price book for my current 85D orders (in order of importance to me):
- requeue and push back delivery by about 2 months
- won't get next gen back seats even if I pay more. Reason being they are trying to sell exec seat option.
- lose the dark blue as its been discontinued
- dual charger to be installed by dealer at higher price

Were you guys able to change your order? I was contacted by Tesla. I guess I will have to stick with my old options and won't get a ~30k discount by going to the new price book. I guess dark blue with next gen rear seats will be rare.

Basically this will happen if I go to the new price book for my current 85D orders (in order of importance to me):
- requeue and push back delivery by about 2 months
- won't get next gen back seats even if I pay more. Reason being they are trying to sell exec seat option.
- lose the dark blue as its been discontinued
- dual charger to be installed by dealer at higher price

I give up the Idea of changing. Tesla is just like apple but in a worse scenario. say
You order an iphone 6 and their delivery time is 6 months.
At the time you pick up the phone, they release the iphone 6S. You request to change, accepted but wait another 6 months.
At the time you pick up the phone, they release the iphone 7.
It turns out you can never get the car if keep changing if the price differs not much.

In the other way, think they are now offering a 75% resale buyback program within 3 years. That's actually quite high. And I am pretty sure any model of the Tesla will depreciate much more than 25% after 3 years. So I will just think I am renting the car for 3 years and then I will buy new model from Tesla again. ( This feels better)

It still folds, though not as flat as before. I think there is more complaint that the next gen back seat got removed.

I will be changing to the new price book because they are now letting me keep my delivery date. I save about $40k but lose next gen back seat, autopilot and have to change color. Fair enough that they don't give the best of both worlds. I can add autopilot back later if it is useful in HK. For the dual charger option, I opted out now, since its the same price if I install it now vs later.

It still folds, though not as flat as before. I think there is more complaint that the next gen back seat got removed.

I will be changing to the new price book because they are now letting me keep my delivery date. I save about $40k but lose next gen back seat, autopilot and have to change color. Fair enough that they don't give the best of both worlds. I can add autopilot back later if it is useful in HK. For the dual charger option, I opted out now, since its the same price if I install it now vs later.

So, without Tech Package, you also lose powered rear lift gate. That is a really useful feature and what drives up the prices for me with the new price book.

I took premium interior package and the price for this package dropped since it now includes alcacentra... So I only lose auto pilot but save 40k...

I am considering the same. The price of my P85D will goes down about 30K but I will lose the NG rear seat, autopilot and dual charger. I gain some additional features of premium package such as ascent light, napa leather...

I will go to their TW showroom to try the NG seat. However, there is no way to try the NG rear seat. It looks wired to me with some side boosters.

Hi all,

Anyone noticed that the options price has been changed? I found that tech pack is now 19400 (was 33000), panoramic roof is now only HKD 11600 (was 19400), etc. Though some options price goes up e.g. wood decor. This made my car total price depreciate from HKD 969200 to 956700! Have no idea how this price adjustment could boost up the sales or profit but this definitely upset those older customers who have already been upset by the long waiting time :/
I know your feeling it sucks, this happiness to all car makers.
BMW is even worst when they have discount of 80k and then after few months for the same price they give free M sport package.