Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My P85D wrapped in Hexis Blue metallic by wrapzone.se

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did get my P85D in March. Fully equiipped and steel gray. A month after delivery I did wrap it in Hexis Blue Metallic. The main reason is for protection against small rocks etc during the winter here in Sweden. Did opticoat pro my former P85+ but that was zero protection so a wrap this time. Very happy with the result.

I did use WrapZone helfoliering bilderkor design for the job. Really great guys!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    742.5 KB · Views: 1,857
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 1,312
Agree, that is stunning - that blue is half-way between subtle and electric - perfect!
All the wraps I've seen are "dull matte" (in the non-shiny sense of 'dull', not the the boring sense), and I love that glossy look you have. Can you post some closeups of the edges?

Beautiful colour - would love that on my car.

But in terms of protecting the paintwork, aren't you likely to end up damaging it when you remove the wrap, just as much as it might have been damaged by chips/stones/etc if it were exposed? I'm not an expert but my understanding has always been that the idea that wraps protect the paint underneath is pretty much a myth - when you take them off there is usually damage. And if you have an accident you won't be able to colour match with the existing panels (which will have faded) so need to re-wrap the whole car.

Not trying to be a pessimist - just genuinely interested since I'd love my car to be a more interesting colour than any of the official TM shades!

With edges you mean the cut between the wrap and the paint? I can take some pictures. The wrap is not one where you remove half the car as I want an easy way to remove it one day. There is a very well done edge on the inside of the doors, frunk etc. :)

what I have heard is that the wrap will protect from most stone chips. Not from large things but from the kind we have on our roads during the winter. Its a combo of spikes getting loose and sand/small stones used on the roads when icy. Will see the day I remove the wrap. No experience myself. Just heard from others so cannot comfirm.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pictures of the edges if that was the ask. Sorry the car is not that clean. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 328
I think it was 17000 SEK (approx 1900 USD) If I remember right. Wrapzone is one of the best in Sweden. In that price they also did the windows tint.

Cool! I already have my windows tinted[emoji106][emoji2] probably around 15k sek for wrap only perhaps. Too bad I already have the opticoat treatment on my car. Would have been great to have that on top of the wrap to make it easier to keep clean[emoji2]