TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My passenger side headlight went out while driving.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Maximapolak, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

I was driving at about 9:30 PM and the passenger side headlight went out. No high beam, no turn signal, no DRLs, nothing. No errors.

When I got to the super charger, I noticed the headlight on the screen was lit but not the actual headlight.

See attached pics.

When it’s on auto, the passenger side lights up on screen. When I hit “on” both light up on the screen.

Help. I can’t drive like this.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. appleguru

appleguru Member

Call your local SC... that’s no bueno.

Very interesting that on auto the screen actually matches the light status on the car (but not when set to on).

3. appleguru

appleguru Member

Also, if you haven’t yet, try rebooting the MCU (Press and hold both scroll wheels)

4. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

First thing I tried. Tried the power off too.

5. appleguru

appleguru Member

Also, you would think that if the car knows enough to not light up the icon on the screen that it would be able to throw a useful error message... even my 16 year old Volvo would tell me when a light was out (and which one). maybe in a future SW update *shrug*

• Helpful x 1
  6. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

I powered off the vehicle over night, and to my surprise, everything works today. Strange. Maybe it’s a bug in the update (2018.26)