Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Pearl White Model 3 with some early mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6'3" and I fit in the back no problem. It feels more roomy in the back for me than a Model S (I've ridden in both).

Cmon man. Be real. Maybe you enjoy riding around with your head incredibly close to the roof. You're only saying that because you love the car. The back seat goes right to the pillar for cryin out loud. It's a compact car. 25 years ago I had an 88 firebird... pleeennty of room in the back (cause I didn't have to sit there)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/49/e3/a1/49e3a17efdb700900bb95f78e06f50db--tesla-s-tesla-motors.jpg

Did you PlastiDip or wrap the chrome? Also what did you use on your ‘Shadow’...love the effect.

I used wrap on all the chrome and the shadow. It's 3M 1080 Matte Deep Black from here.

Congratulations @mauswerkz I particularly like your front fascia shadow trim. Very creative. (...) Do you mind if I copy?

I hope you don't mind if I copy you.

Thanks! Copy away :)

Are you an employee or a non-employee?

Employee

How did you deal with the stock rear windshield's faded tint? Did you tint 40% over the entire rear windshield? Or did you only tint the lower, untinted, area? What are your thoughts on that?

If you tinted the entire rear windshield, did you also tint the front row glass ceiling, so it would match the rear windshield darkness?

Reactions: McHoffa
How did you deal with the stock rear windshield's faded tint? Did you tint 40% over the entire rear windshield? Or did you only tint the lower, untinted, area? What are your thoughts on that?

If you tinted the entire rear windshield, did you also tint the front row glass ceiling, so it would match the rear windshield darkness?
I'm wondering about this. I don't want to make the ceiling portion any darker, so I may just not tint the rear at all. Maybe with the sides dark, you won't see much into the rear anyway?

Looks beautiful. I'm leaning towards a white 3 as well so nice to see your pics. I do like the chrome bling but think you did a nice job with the blackout and still a good look. Will be keeping an eye out for you on the road. So far only saw one 3 on the road driving (on 85 - Peninsula side) and that was shortly after employees were getting their cars during the event.

Unfortunately we're pretty much on the other side of the bay driving so they're harder to spot than for you guys in the East Bay :( unless I guess we're up by Palo Alto.

Last edited:
I'm getting about 240-280Wh/mi. I'm confident it would go the full 310 miles if I weren't driving it 80mph on the freeway. I was very impressed with the range on my LA trip. I'll have an even better idea of its actual capability when I take it up to WA state later this month.

Are those efficiencies from the 20 inch rims you have or the Aero rims? Also what is your 90% charge range?

How’s the view at night through the back tint with the massively thick defrosters? My current car with thin defrosters already creates a lil double vision on headlights. Wonder if thicker is better or worse.

It'd be interesting to see, but on my MS, I rarely use my rear view mirror anymore. I have my screen set with map in top portion, and rear camera on bottom portion at all times. So that's my rear view 'mirror'. I like it because with the fish eye, it even captures the blind spots. I know the screen is smaller so it'll be interesting to see if this usage works on the M3 screen.