Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Pearl White Model 3 with some early mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mauswerkz

Model 3 - Long Range
Dec 2, 2017
San Jose, CA
Hi All! First post on this forum. Took delivery of my Model 3 (long range, premium upgrades, pearl white) back in October and I've been loving it. This is my first brand new car and also the first that I can't really do crazy mods to (I'm used to engine swaps, EV conversions, etc).

This is the first car where I'm basically limited to cosmetic mods and wheels/tires.

Here's what I've got so far:

Tinted windows (40%) sides and rear.
Blacked out chrome
Front bumper "shadow" added
VMR V710 20x9 ET35 5x114.3 wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35/20 tires
MVIMG_20171125_165116.jpg

MVIMG_20171125_151207.jpg
MVIMG_20171031_184441.jpg

MVIMG_20171127_083011.jpg MVIMG_20171125_143111.jpg MVIMG_20171127_201906.jpg

VMR was great to work with. I had to take measurements of the hub (and brake rotor retaining bolt) to make sure they would fit without issue. They machined them up for me and they went on with no issue. I love them!

Overall, the car is amazing. It's a blast to throw around in the hills, loves twisty roads, and is certainly more sport-oriented than the other Teslas I've driven. Steering is super quick, very responsive, and with good feedback. It's a very quick car, but it's no P100D. It feels very light, deceivingly so.

I drove it from the SF bay area to LA a few weeks back and it was wonderful on the freeway!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171127_201906.jpg
    MVIMG_20171127_201906.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 1,607
Awesome, how's the efficiency are you getting anything near the 310 mile rated range or 280 or whatever your 90% typical charge is?

I'm getting about 240-280Wh/mi. I'm confident it would go the full 310 miles if I weren't driving it 80mph on the freeway. I was very impressed with the range on my LA trip. I'll have an even better idea of its actual capability when I take it up to WA state later this month.

Surprised you got tinting so quickly. Was it for looks? or Did you actually find "too much sun" or "too much heat" ?

Tint was for looks. The glass roof is plenty dark from the factory. No complaints about sun or heat from me. I can look directly at the sun through the roof with my sunglasses on (though just barely)

How much did you spend on the chrome blackout?

Got quotes around $750-1000, decided to do it myself. As such, it doesn't hold up all that well to scrutinizing, but I'm pleased with it overall. The mirror mounts were the toughest part.

@mauswerkz if you've still got the stock wheels and are planning to get rid of them, let me know. I'm hoping to buy a set locally for my winter tires.

I'm keeping them for road trips.

How much room is there in the back seats? We have 2 kids so contemplating between an S and a 3.

I'm 6'3" and I fit in the back no problem. It feels more roomy in the back for me than a Model S (I've ridden in both).

Congratulations @mauswerkz looks great! I am old school and I love it when owners do anything to make their cars unique to themselves. I particularly like your front fascia shadow trim. Very creative. It gives the lower grill definition and a new design element and character. This feature would work best on white, red, and silver colors. Do you mind if I copy?

Reactions: sandange and gavine
I'm planning on deleting the chrome on my white Model 3 as well, but that front bumper shadow is totally unique and something I hadn't considered. Very cool. I hope you don't mind if I copy you. Did you use the same material for that as the rest of the blackout? And if so, what exactly did you use?

Reactions: gavine
awesome look...I am just replying to this, so I can keep up with the feed...interested to hear about this 'shadow' look, as I have never heard of it before. I have a white c350 with the same black glass roof and black rims and am waiting for my new M3 in Canada (still haven't picked a colour, but thinking of a change from white).